First time buyer

Daryl

That isn't an exhaust code i don't think coz its bank 1 it'l be the tgv's on one side of the engine i'm not sure what side they class as bank 1 and tbh mate i'm not too clued up on newage stuff but i believe its quite a common fault 👍

If it is the O2 sensor here is one from icp. OEM Part number is:22690AA520

https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=9639&cat=96&sub=183&sec=403&var=47&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

Maybe Stuartie is right how could one sensor in a single pipe detect a single bank of pistons.

Look on the bright side at least it is not a head gasket or bottom end. If original exhaust etc they are getting old now so it should be expect to a certain degree.

PUT THAT SLEDGEHAMMER DOWN NOW.

I think there will be o2 sensors in the headers then more after the various cats so that the ecu knows the cats are working and staying within emission regs, i know on newer hgv's they have cats and have a sensor before and after and they tell the ecu's whether its working correctly of of its getting clogged up etc 

Glad you guys are here to help stressing to fook thinking about how much this could end up costing, I get that this code cant be the exhaust now but it.needs doing anyway, so I wonder how likely it is to be the tgv sticking or this sensor? And would it be easy to get at and replace and who's coming round to help me 😂

I'm fairly confident with my classic spec but my bug onwards is a bit sketchy. 

Afaik you'll have a sensor in the up pipe (pre turbo),one in the downpipe neck (just after turbo) and one in the centre section.  All these sensors are in the exhaust system after the gasses leaving each cylinder /bank have been mixed together. 

So as siluro also pointed out ,for the code to mention 1 bank I'd have thought it's a tgv issue . As the Tgv's operate on each side (bank) of the engine and quite often get stuck .I could be wrong but theres only a few things that would cause a single bank code and Tgv's are top of the list if not accompanied by a misfire code .

Maybe ask the garage to unplug the tgv wires ,spray a bit of brake cleaner or wd40 on the tgv arm and give it a bit of a wiggle to try and free it up . If they appear to move more freely afterwards,  clear the ECU codes and see if that resolves it .

Are tgv valves a Subaru thing or do other motors have them? Just thinking for if they were a bit clueless to it, but great if not. I've been doing a bit of reading up to see if I could locate them myself an spray them myself, but probably ended cocking something up, i take it their is holes to get into in their then, does it just need a light coating or a blasting out? Just so I know to tell them incase it does damage. Failing that do you think I should take it somewhere who's more scoob minded?

So aswell I need to order a centre section suggestions anyone? I posted a picture of a cobra part earlier thinking getting that got the gaskets ordered from icp earlier today 18 quid rossco thought you said they were cheap👎😂

Just to maybe confuse things the code may be generic for 4 cylinder cars which are usually inline. You could just ignore the bank reference unless V config motor. Kind of falls apart if you own a Bugatti Veyron with a W16 not that you would even give damn if you had one as you get one of your peasants to sort it out for while you take the Bently out. Anyway it could still lead to the sensor if the above is true.

Subarus do tick over lower than most cars mine is around 700rpm when warm not sure about a 2.0 turbo though. All i have owned also have a little wobble on tickover exactly to rhythm which i kind of like. Flat fours only really balance when at high rpm. If anyone can explain the wobble I would like to know. I thought it maybe dealing with too much fuel.

16 minutes ago, Daryl said:

So aswell I need to order a centre section suggestions anyone? I posted a picture of a cobra part earlier thinking getting that got the gaskets ordered from icp earlier today 18 quid rossco thought you said they were cheap👎😂

I would just get the center section and use the old lamda sensor first. If not any better then lamda sensor. That is of course you can get the old one out without breaking it or at all if it is heavily rusted.  All based on this 300+ threads but I might take a different route if I could be there.

So get the garage to keep the old sensor from the centre pipe is this cause it's better? Will the new one be no good? Jesus this is getting mental bring back the golf😂. An Do you mean ignore the code altogether? 

The sensor is in the cat pipe before the centre section, £18 is cheap try and get a mechanic to sell you gaskets for that price lol. What gaskets did you order by the way cause the ones I posted were for the uppipe cause that’s what you ware asking about at the time? I’ve missed so much 🤣😂

40 minutes ago, Daryl said:

So get the garage to keep the old sensor from the centre pipe is this cause it's better? Will the new one be no good? Jesus this is getting mental bring back the golf😂. An Do you mean ignore the code altogether? 

You don't have a fault with the lamda sensor which is in the centre pipe so get them to fit it to the new pipe, that code is for o2 sensor pre-cats in the headers its either faulty or the tgv is stuck and messing with the air/fuel ratio on bank 1 👍

Um so who's right then lol I'm confused, will that centre piece definately fit the wagon ya think? Nah mate got the right ones I called icp an asked for gaskets for the centre pipe👍. Right so either sensor in what part? Or solenoid for tgv or tgv sticking got it.