First time buyer

Daryl

Just heard back from the garage apparently its blowing from a few different holes in the exhaust an the part from the dealer is roughly a 1000, gonna price up some aftermarket bits for me tommorow devastated...

Ah right cai yeah got ya wasnt planning on getting that anytime soon though lol. Yeah it's the cat section mate, he said theirs question Mark's on the up Pipe aswell. This is gonna cripple my savings like. Any of you lads know if the aftermarket price will be much cheaper if any?

If staying standard as RossCosm says find one a breakers if time allows. If going aftermarket (for more power) then it gets expensive due to the map being needed. Need to plan this type of stuff but of course that not so easy sometimes. How comes it took all day to see some holes?

18 minutes ago, Daryl said:

Would yous let a normal but decent garage do this?

If you trust them mate then it should be ok as it's just a couple bits of exhaust but you'll have to tell them to use genuine subaru gaskets which are only a few quid from importcarparts.co.uk thats where a few of us on here get oem parts from at a decent price 👍

• Like 1

I wouldn't even know where to start with a scrappy I've struggled for stuff recently out of scrappys, an that was for a golf, I know its gonna be expensive but they do a monthly pay plan so thatll help, an I know that's one thing right, I'll go ahead with that then mate cheers again lads, I'll get them to get the genuine gaskets aswell I will order those will they fit any exhaust the garage gets? 

I’ve used Mb developments for used Scooby parts before and they are top notch mate they on Facebook but if you don’t have Facebook just type them in to google, the picture is obviously a kit but they do individual gaskets aswell mate

9FC0DDEC-EA46-4889-B10C-83FB128AC5B6.png

• Like 1

Thanks rossco legend, I guess I just need to find out exactly which gaskets I need to get first wonder how much the up pipe would be to get done aswell are they dear? Is their a kit I can get that will def have the gaskets I need ? Knowing what I've told yas?

They do a kit specifically for fitting an uppipe mate. An Sti uppipe used is like £60, Brand new decat uppipes are like £150-£200 ish. The labour because of where it is will not be cheap that is if your mechanic doesn’t throw a hissy fit cause you want to supply your own parts I’ve had this loads in the past til I found the guy I use now. I’d send your scan tool back and say money please buy one that will work and clear the code then enjoy your car for a while while you save for a few bits and a map. You can probably achieve this with like £500-£600 tops if you go to the right person. Again mate you really need to know what that code is so you don’t pay for a mechanic to guess and just throw a grand down the toilet for the code to come back on the way home. By the sounds of it they have read the code and plan to just throw a new cat at it and hope for the best. I hope this isn’t tainting your enjoyment of your car mate There are so many who have gone through this with Scoobys me included. 

I'm gonna look into the 2nd hand parts then  that looks like the road to take with this one, I googled mb developments but only seem to have a fb page so found another called 1st choice, waiting to hear from them, I'll call mb today at some point. I'll get the code later aswell he said it was an 02 sensor code it brought up, but said theirs loads of holes in the exhaust so obv it needs doin. That would trigger a code wouldn't it?