What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yeah I know [emoji53] once she finds out I might not be online for a while why I recover

But it's not very often a second hand roller bearing 400hp + turbo comes up for sale for £300 so I told him I'll have it and brace myself for the ear ache [emoji16]

Nice. Sometimes it's worth it.

It's not a s.c or md turbo hence why it's cheap but it's still garret cored and billet wheeled that's currently running 375hp @1.2 bar on a 2ltr

seeing as I wanted to "clock" the coldside to loose the heat soak u bend from my fmic pipework ,I'd feel much happier hacking a £300 turbo to bits than a £1.5 k brand new one [emoji4]

• Like 1

Clutch master has decided it doesn't like me now. That along with a few other hold ups means I didn't get up to the re-map today.

Pain in the !Removed! and wallet- £100 for a new one!

I did get chance to pop over and see the mechanic I bought the short block from and usually go and see if there's a problem we can't solve- who told me the car will be fine to drive normally once the clutch is sorted, which is a bonus.

Also got the new wheels on at last, so I should be finally up and running by the weekend.

Getting a bit fed up of telling myself that now though...

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't reply earlier stants I had no reception where I was working today ,phone went mental when I finally got signal on the way home .

Glad you sussed now[emoji106]

it looks like you'll have to get a nut welded in place and a plate welded over the hole .

Or you could leave the hole and put the money towards that forged engine I told you about [emoji48]

• Like 1

Haha all I had at work was cordless drill and hack saw blade, stupidly I did a pilot on bottom of pic which was an inch out, so started again, went to answer phone and started opening up the wrong hole,

Tomorrow's job is to tidy up the hole and treat then cover with an access patch.

It was a needs must fix

Sorry I didn't reply earlier stants I had no reception where I was working today ,phone went mental when I finally got signal on the way home .

Glad you sussed now[emoji106]

it looks like you'll have to get a nut welded in place and a plate welded over the hole .

Or you could leave the hole and put the money towards that forged engine I told you about [emoji48]

No worries mate, I was literally at my whits end as I though I'd fooked it luckily a few holes in the non structural tin it's all good, i'm not gonna get it welded, just going to periodically inspect it to see if still tight,

Haha I've been too by the misses not to fix anything unless it#s broke

Told you already stants next Time you do a oil change leave the sump plug out

it will be broke then [emoji12]

Happy days, i had a job cancellation for tomorrow ,no work and good weather,

Gotta think of something that needs to be done on the scooby before the Mrs thinks of a random diy task [emoji39]

Well, looks like I'm getting into yet another fight with the dealer I have. Took my wife's XV in a couple of months ago due 36000 service, cost £237 they found no faults. Took mine in last week also for a 36,000 service also found no faults cost £332, when I asked the service manager why she just went, I dunno.

So I've contacted the dealer principal to try to find out. Also looks like during the service they never took my wheels off so not sure how or even if you can do that because I forgot to put the locking wheel nut socket out as it was buried at the back of my glove box, I didn't think about it till later but when I went to look for it it was exactly where I left it. Also I pretty sure the checklist for the XV requires front and back wheel rotation to ensure even wear but this wasn't done. My receipt says invoice for 2nd service!

When I dropped the car in the service manager kept saying its in for its 2nd year service and I had to keep correcting her saying it was its 3rd or 36,000 mile service. I'm done with the dealers now, im going to get my seat fixed and pull the plug, we've got a dealer in Wolverhampton we can use instead it's got to be better customer service than the one in Newcastle-under-Lyme. I don't require much just a fair deal and decent service and yet it looks like that isn't possible.

Anyway I'm done ranting now, off to work [emoji30]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You should leave it stripped out like that for the pod ,you'd probably strip half a second off the 1/4

Do you know if those bushes will fit my v1 stants ?

Yes mate they will, I'll send you a pic, lol don't think my daughter would enjoy it in there though, this morning I mostly be cleaning up my hole [emoji16]

82d607664d60172cdccebfbdb2727e13.jpg