What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Just washed it and had people comment in how clean it looked [emoji4]

Beats the usual "you can clean mine next" comments you get . They always look smug like they're first person to have ever thought of the joke. Nobs

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Today I will hopefully be undoing the last few bolts and getting my engine out, ready to put the new one in tomorrow.

I've also just put my new engine hoist together... It looks quite good sat in the front room.

• Like 1

Ghost I got my depo 4 in 1 from dave @prolex I think ,dunno if he still sell em though

I've used a fair bit of that autoglym machine cleaner tom during my fettling, its good stuff seeing as it's water based and rinses off easy .

As for me these turned up today post-1399-143308487639_thumb.jpg

so I know what I'll be doing the next free day I do get [emoji4] and my S's pistoned 4 pots will be up for sale shortly after [emoji6]

• Like 1

Backed the forester up in the garage to change the pads, quite a tight fit, rear pads were the wrong ones, front, one side done no issue, round the other side, jacked it up and managed to tip it into the central garage door support without noticing and have creased the rear passenger door! Doh, silly narrow garage. :(

I'm currently in shock!!!!! I've been replacing the rainbow colours of silicone hoses in my engine bay. Bought the mishimoto ones in black and as I'm doing the job I trace some pipe that is open to air to find it bodged into the manifold. I remove and replace the mainfold vacuum hose to where it should be and once the offending pipe is removed I discover it to be garden hose in black electrical tape!!!!! Glad I'm sorting out the hoses now

• Like 1

Ouch sort of thing I think wevall hope not to see. Reminds me of a hawkeye I went to see. They had used a socket to cap of a hose filled swith some type of !Removed!. Soon as I see that I knee it was a walk away job. And when the sales assistant told me it was the bosses old car didn't help and then some bloke who clearly knew thr garage pulled up in an etype jag being proper cocksure of himself telling me that the price was spot on and they won't budge on it. I kindly said I'll leave it.

• Like 1

Just frustrating. Nice silicone I take hose and screws shoved in with tape to make a friction fit!!! Big decision now is what kind of coolant to put back in and if the missus is not looking a black intake hose in place of the blue

post-3672-143310290846_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just frustrating. Nice silicone I take hose and screws shoved in with tape to make a friction fit!!! Big decision now is what kind of coolant to put back in and if the missus is not looking a black intake hose in place of the blue

Get some waterless coolant, will never need to change it again unless you spring a leak.

• Like 1

I've been pondering what to do with the Subaru, while i've got two cars I could get it mapped with a new fuel pump and injectors. I've noticed it's popping quite a bit now, didn't used to do it this much so wondering if the map is bad?