What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

And we will do our best to keep that temptation there for you Mica ;)

One thing I am gutted about is didn't manage to get any meets done with my classic, recent mods and all too including exhaust!

However mr's getting new job means tbh she no longer needs her car which I often used as my daily etc, then I also have 40  mile a day journey on my working days, which has forced me to take the decision.

Got a new car today and without taking anything away from the scooby, I Love it!, E280 CDI 06 plate, very pokey (obviously not as much as the sub), but spending approx 7 hours also in a car, I'm sure I've made the right choice for now. I will be on here often to view the temptations  :unsure:

• Like 2

Done a few hundred miles in my Forester this week for work. Going to lose my licence at this rate though as overtaking is to much fun. (Safely of course.) Did notice while at the drive through for McDonalds the when idling it was making a weab, weab, weab noise. Sounds like a belt but it increases in frequency as I increase the revs. Don't really hear it driving at speed, just when stationary.

Went to a longlife dealer in Middlesbrough to get quote for a new exhaust.

Was quoted 450 + the cost of two tail pipes for a catback system. Which would probably turn put nearer to 550-600 quid. Wasnt very impressed really, he didnt really seem very confident and I got the impression that he hasnt worked on many subaru's. Think i will go elsewhere.

Went to a longlife dealer in Middlesbrough to get quote for a new exhaust.

Was quoted 450 + the cost of two tail pipes for a catback system. Which would probably turn put nearer to 550-600 quid. Wasnt very impressed really, he didnt really seem very confident and I got the impression that he hasnt worked on many subaru's. Think i will go elsewhere.

You know where to go mate......

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I wasn't much closer than you mate, but glad I went there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its either going to be Ashington Longlife, or AAS Exhausts in Newcastle, - I've heard good things about them.

Anyone have experience of this brand of winter's before?

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/cooper/weathermaster-wsc/215-60-r16-99t-417887

£37 a corner seems crazy cheap bargaintatsic  :P

Does seem a good price mate, No idea if they are any good though haha

Yeah its either going to be Ashington Longlife, or AAS Exhausts in Newcastle, - I've heard good things about them.

Does seem a good price mate, No idea if they are any good though haha

I'm thinking any winter tyre should be better than summer tyres in the cold? Plus it's not a 'bargain' brand as such, more mid-range?

Who knows - might give them a try though as can get a full set of 4 plus new steel rims for £300

Anyone have experience of this brand of winter's before?

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/cooper/weathermaster-wsc/215-60-r16-99t-417887

£37 a corner seems crazy cheap bargaintatsic  :P

Grrr they are up to £60 today  :angry:

Grrr they are up to £60 today  :angry:

oh i hate that mate... annoying.

Anyone ever had a Powerflow exhaust? Similar to Longlife? would you recommend?

I've got as quote for 550 from a powerflow dealer in Newcastle. I think he's called the Exhaust dr. lol hah

Well I've been away for a few days for a friend's 21st (the £70 Saxo made it to Reading and back without any problems by the way) hence my lack of waffle for a while.

Anywhoo, I went back to start the GTB up today and it's developed a really horrible rattle from somewhere around the n/s head.

I've got a spare set of heads so they could just be changed what I don't have is somewhere, realistically, to do the work over winter and to rent somewhere round here for the time to do it would be another £500+ easily.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to cut my losses on it and move on. Trying to keep it is nearly impossible.

But don't worry, I'll still be getting another Subaru. I'm just debating between a brat or a non turbo gen 1 legacy!

Well I've been away for a few days for a friend's 21st (the £70 Saxo made it to Reading and back without any problems by the way) hence my lack of waffle for a while.

Anywhoo, I went back to start the GTB up today and it's developed a really horrible rattle from somewhere around the n/s head.

I've got a spare set of heads so they could just be changed what I don't have is somewhere, realistically, to do the work over winter and to rent somewhere round here for the time to do it would be another £500+ easily.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to cut my losses on it and move on. Trying to keep it is nearly impossible.

But don't worry, I'll still be getting another Subaru. I'm just debating between a brat or a non turbo gen 1 legacy!

Thats really !Removed! news Sam :(.  You've not had much luck with it have you!  I keep my fingers crossed every morning at the moment that the slight piston slap clears up by the end of the road.  Engine light has flickered on a couple of times recently too.

You going to break it up or pass on as one piece?  

On a positive note, a gen 1 leggy sounds cool!

It's probably not been my best purchase. At least I can say I've had one!

I'll pass it on in one- I could make a lot more breaking it but if I could do that, I'd probably just fix it again :lol:

It's got quite a number of spare parts- it's all there to be a really nice car it just needs time. So I'm thinking putting it up at £1100 is fair to start with?

Had the second cat replaced with 3 inch. Not 100% with it though as they have left some of the stock exhaust system between the de-cat and the cat back exhaust so it goes down pipe to 3 inch to stock back to 3 inch.

Made a big difference to noise without the cat. Really glad I have a resonator now. Need to take it out for a drive and get it mapped before I will know about power.

Spoken to the guy and he will finish it all when I go for the downpipe so should be happy when I get round to getting it finished.

• Like 2

Cool bulbs mate I take it they will give off a bright white light. Let us know how you get on with them.

Yup they do work really well - had them on my last hatch

I did some before and after shots looking front / side on but I shall do some of the beam shots at night this time