What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

15 minutes ago, david1972 said:

Car dropped off to be under sealed today... got a 1.5 hatch for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested in how you get on with the 1.5 hatch as looking at one of those as a possibility for my lad

Well, it's a 2010 car with 102k on the clock. Engine is smooth but lacks any semblance of power, to the point I have to drop a gear when faced with a hill. Feels quite modern and refined inside though compared to my blob saloon

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got the car back now, all undersealed and protected [emoji3]

Such an ego trip when the mechanic who did it comes out to meet you and ask all about the car [emoji41] Said it was really clean underneath so dead chuffed with that. Think I've found my regular garage now. Had a good chat with the main chap there about servicing, parts, oil and everything. A good day all round

6 hours ago, david1972 said:

Well, it's a 2010 car with 102k on the clock. Engine is smooth but lacks any semblance of power, to the point I have to drop a gear when faced with a hill. Feels quite modern and refined inside though compared to my blob saloon

power not something he needs to worry about at this stage :biggrin:

39??? I get 28 pottering around in the 2 litre 

can't understand why the new version of the hatch only comes in a 1.6 petrol

Yep...computer was showing 39 over 60 miles when I took it back. I bet the 2.0l is more fun to drive though. The 1.5 is definitely an around town car

16 hours ago, david1972 said:

Yep...computer was showing 39 over 60 miles when I took it back. I bet the 2.0l is more fun to drive though. The 1.5 is definitely an around town car

Yeah it's fun to drive, definately compared to my old Clio 1.2 8v lol no comparison. But it does need a bit of a kicking to get shifting. Once the revs are up and kept up it'll go well. Just needs a little more poke or some weight shaving off its fat **** (or mine) to nip it up a little. Gonna put some proper tyres on after winter and see what difference it makes in the corners. 

Comfortable to be in unless stuck for a few hours in a jam, also if your bigger than 6"2 don't bother. Got the seat all the way back and steering wheel as high as poss and still gotta configure myself into the car. 

Had a Audi /bmw driving experience in the scoob. ......

As my indicators decided to stop working on the way back from the Shell garage [emoji16] .

Luckily enough I managed to get home via a route that only consisted of left hand turns [emoji23].

Only to find my jdm fuse box diagram is (strangely ) in Japanese [emoji55] .

Found my old UK turbo's fuse box lid and it's sorted now [emoji6] .

• Like 1

Put some new(refurbed) wheels on her....

The refurb place done a great job, Chameleon Metal Coatings in Rutherglen, Glasgow..

These wheels were a real mess, quite happy with how it looks and will get it dropped on springs next month..!fullsizeoutput_1e8.jpeg

This was it when l bought it...

This is today, long way to go and if people would stop selling me parts that dont fit, l would get there sooner lol

fullsizeoutput_1e7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1e6.jpeg

Washed and hoovered then taken to mot. Hate mots lol always had bad luck with them. If it passes I'll have a celebratory drink and the car can have some vpower. If it fails, sainsburies standard unleaded. 

Scoob got proppa filthy on route to santa pod [emoji30] After my **** nav took me down a dirt track that resembled a harsh rally stage ,complete with water splash and jump over crests ffs .

I blame Geoff [emoji39] As I think you jinxed me with your " sat nav's are great untill they take you down a dirt track at national speed limit " comment [emoji23]

So today I be mostly..... jet washing the underneath of the car and trying to decide what "advisories" I want the mot tester to put on the scooby this afternoon [emoji15] last year rusty strutts = coilovers [emoji6] .

It's got a slightly noisy wheel bearing but otherwise I don't think there's anything else that needs doing in the near future . .....I do fancy some new droplinks so i think I'll get him to add those to the advisory list too [emoji38]

• Like 2