What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Hi  noobie to the site,nice to meet all:)

Just purchased a legacy B4 autobox couple of weeks back,car is great and has been well looked after,was just looking for sum info on mapping it and de-cat  for such car.  It has power flow exhaust from cat back,panel k&n suspension and all the the rest,main question is where can purchase de-cat and has anybody heard of blue spark tunning chips??Are they any good???

Thanks guys/girls 😃

Hi sparky welcome ,

Decay should be easy to get hold of, just Google the model you have loads of scoob model parts are interchangeable so that helps a bit.

Never heard of the chip you mention, but I'd say well clear and never touch a generic chip with a very long stick,

I removed one of these chip things for a member a while back, it's a wonder the car didn t blow it's self to bits as all it was doing is upping the boost and removing the fuel cut limit, so the car could have been running dangerously lean.

Always best with any car is to get a custom map

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Check coolant after changing radiator yesterday, quick top up to correct levels. Went for a drive, ended up. Ring nearly 70 miles, never missed a beat and coolant appears all fine. Also topped up with some v power as a treat. TBH I don't live near any v power and normally use Tesco, but I intend to make a special trip as often as poss to get vpower in the future [emoji1]

Also ordered the bolts that hold the under tray as one of the has rounded off, and is still there as couldn't remove it. Had to go to Subaru to get them, but price wasn't too bad. But has anyone got any tips on how to remove the offending bolt? It's rounded off and the cross head has also stripped. Tried to get a special socket for this job, but couldn't get one the correct size in local shops. Will order online if needed, just thought I'd ask if there are any other ways to remove it.

Cheers

• Like 1

Had the car mot'd and it passed. Handbrake was tightened at the same time and feels much better now and also had a number plate light out that I hadn't noticed which is now sorted. 

Got it home from the mot and spent 3 hours giving it a good clean inside and out. Looks like new 🤗

Straight through stainless milltek centre section going on tomorrow 😎

Fitted a Pipercross Pro R panel filter. 😁

Haven't driven it yet but I can feel the gains already!

Quote:  Offering you improved turbo Lag and throttle response as well as 3-5 Bhp increase.

I love the idea it'll even be noticeable, I've no mufflers so the roar under throttle is immense and tick over makes me smile every day.

But, I'm sure she'll breath easier with it.

2 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

Actually did something today, tightened belts up to (hopefully) stop it squealing like a slit pig every time I fire her up, and polished the headlamps
2c0a4fb515d4b101f7be043a073a81ce.jpg

Loud pipes save lives

If it's like mine it won't but good luck

If it's like mine it won't but good luck
That ref belts? This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've tightened them now, they stop doing it for a while, then a chirp on fire up, then all out slit pig/mouse with its leg caught

Loud pipes save lives

4 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

Actually did something today, tightened belts up to (hopefully) stop it squealing like a slit pig every time I fire her up, and polished the headlamps
2c0a4fb515d4b101f7be043a073a81ce.jpg

Loud pipes save lives

Nice one, looks miles better 👍

4 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

That ref belts? This will be the 3rd or 4th time I've tightened them now, they stop doing it for a while, then a chirp on fire up, then all out slit pig/mouse with its leg caught

Loud pipes save lives

Mines always a bit whiney when it's cold and damp 🙄

Check coolant after changing radiator yesterday, quick top up to correct levels. Went for a drive, ended up. Ring nearly 70 miles, never missed a beat and coolant appears all fine. Also topped up with some v power as a treat. TBH I don't live near any v power and normally use Tesco, but I intend to make a special trip as often as poss to get vpower in the future [emoji1]
Also ordered the bolts that hold the under tray as one of the has rounded off, and is still there as couldn't remove it. Had to go to Subaru to get them, but price wasn't too bad. But has anyone got any tips on how to remove the offending bolt? It's rounded off and the cross head has also stripped. Tried to get a special socket for this job, but couldn't get one the correct size in local shops. Will order online if needed, just thought I'd ask if there are any other ways to remove it.
Cheers
Can't you use a dremal cut a cross into it and use a Philips head to get it out?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Get a socket slightly smaller, imperial are good for this some times, failing that a good old-fashion torques socket. Hammer it on(all the way) and gently gently take it out. This is my usual go to method for removal, saves the threads as well

Loud pipes save lives

Can't you use a dremal cut a cross into it and use a Philips head to get it out?

Good idea, but they all ready have a cross in them, but that's mashed up to. I picked up a set of new ones yesterday. If I had a dremel I would just cut the damn thing out, but don't have one yet. I keep mentioning that a dremel would be a handy thing to have, I guess Christmas is coming lol. Gonna try and beat an old imperial socket onto it to try and get it out. When I do I think I'll add some antiseize to them to hopefully prevent this happening again. [emoji1]
  • Like 1

Good idea, but they all ready have a cross in them, but that's mashed up to. I picked up a set of new ones yesterday. If I had a dremel I would just cut the damn thing out, but don't have one yet. I keep mentioning that a dremel would be a handy thing to have, I guess Christmas is coming lol. Gonna try and beat an old imperial socket onto it to try and get it out. When I do I think I'll add some antiseize to them to hopefully prevent this happening again. [emoji1]
Fair enough mate good look with dropping hints it has never worked for me but hopefully one day ha ha