What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Told the mrs I needed to find a Shell garage as we only had just over half a tank and the scoob don't run on anything but v power [emoji6]

Seeing as were away on hols in sunny Cornwall , i found 1 on Google maps and plumbed it in on the sat nav then set off to fill her up ....

2.5 hrs later ,via lots of twisties and a "water splash" (fjord) [emoji41]

i finally returned grinning like a Cheshire cat with just under half a tank [emoji15]

Guess I'd better nip out and brim the tank again tomorrow [emoji23]

• Like 5

Soffened up the coilovers 4 clicks then Drove 370 miles from suffolk to Cornwall.

managed to get 310 miles out of a small jdm classic tank [emoji16]

Not bad for for a 360 hp car with a boot full of cases and 4 up [emoji41]

Admittedly my mapper' s attention to off boost fuelling (not just pub figures) and the UK ratio 6 speed giving me 2750 rpm in 6th at 70mph helped [emoji6]

In the hatch I sit at about 2750 rpm at about 80mph although that's the indicated speed , because in the newer 6 speeds don't they have slightly longer ratios as the engine doesn't rev as high

I went by the sat nav' s GPS speed readout as my 23yr old mechanical Speedo is a bit out lol . I didn't know they did different uk ratios tbh but know there's at least 3 different jdm ratios (so it makes sense)

My 6 speed was out of a 60k 04 plate blobeye uk sti with ppp (so came with the ppp short shift) was lucky enough that it was a full conversion kit including 6 speed fly ,pink box clutch ,slave and starter motor for £1350 delivered [emoji41]

did not think the ppp job extended to a short shift. mine is an 08 with ppp. is it easy to see if it has the short shifter.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Soffened up the coilovers 4 clicks then Drove 370 miles from suffolk to Cornwall. 

Admittedly my mapper' s attention to off boost fuelling (not just pub figures) and the UK ratio 6 speed giving me 2750 rpm in 6th at 70mph helped [emoji6]

In the hatch I sit at about 2750 rpm at about 80mph although that's the indicated speed , because in the newer 6 speeds don't they have slightly longer ratios as the engine doesn't rev as high I went by the sat nav' s GPS speed readout as my 23yr old mechanical Speedo is a bit out lol . I didn't know they did different uk ratios tbh but know there's at least 3 different jdm ratios (so it makes sense)

My 6 speed was out of a 60k 04 plate blobeye uk sti with ppp (so came with the ppp short shift) was lucky enough that it was a full conversion kit including 6 speed fly ,pink box clutch ,slave and starter motor for £1350 delivered [emoji41]

did not think the ppp job extended to a short shift. mine is an 08 with ppp. is it easy to see if it has the short shifter.

Dunno how much of a visual difference there is but mine's definitely got a shorter "through" than my brvs old bugeye 6 speed and a mates blobeye uk sti

In the hatch I sit at about 2750 rpm at about 80mph although that's the indicated speed , because in the newer 6 speeds don't they have slightly longer ratios as the engine doesn't rev as high I went by the sat nav' s GPS speed readout as my 23yr old mechanical Speedo is a bit out lol . I didn't know they did different uk ratios tbh but know there's at least 3 different jdm ratios (so it makes sense) 

Dunno how much of a visual difference there is but mine's definitely got a shorter "through" than my brvs old bugeye 6 speed and a mates blobeye uk sti

leather gaiter looks a bit baggy. so might mean short shifter.

Just got back from a hell'va long road trip from suffolk to Cornwall , glad to say my 23yr old scooby ate the miles and didn't use a drop of oil or water [emoji41]

The only minor thing I had to do was empty the catch can.

Got through a fair bit of v power but did manage 310 miles to the first tank sitting at 70 on the carriage way off boost .

Admittedly the mpg went down considerably when i was driving in the twisties but the old girl did put a grin on my face.

Might treat her to a wash tomorrow as the country lanes and fjords have made her a bit grubby lol 93b4783855805a65607bfd88e2d866f8.jpg

• Like 1

Attended the Newcastle car show yesterday with folk from NESOC...great fun, despite the rain. Pics can be found in the show thread.

Next up is slammed at druridge bay on bank holiday weekend [emoji41]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well after driving almost 1k miles in the scoob the mrs got in it today ,started on the button ,idled for 5 mins then stalled and wouldn't re start [emoji57]

Just turns over with no power to the dash ,fc controller,avcr ,afr gauge or lights .

But the parking lights ,stereo,multi gauge ,ciggy lighter all work fine [emoji15]

So today i be mostly reading wiring diagrams [emoji52]

Well after driving almost 1k miles in the scoob the mrs got in it today ,started on the button ,idled for 5 mins then stalled and wouldn't re start [emoji57]

Just turns over with no power to the dash ,fc controller,avcr ,afr gauge or lights .

But the parking lights ,stereo,multi gauge ,ciggy lighter all work fine [emoji15]

So today i be mostly reading wiring diagrams [emoji52]

I assume you checked all fuses with a voltmeter [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Checked a load of stuff with the multi meter and managed to redneck some power to the ignition fuse [emoji51] .....

and it starts and runs fine with power to everything [emoji41]

but dash lights dont come on [emoji57]

Hmmm scooby sparky crash course ,anyone [emoji23] a4e12a2103a5be22347277ac288a58ca.jpg