Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

What do you guys make of this?

Old lady parked up on a corner with bad visibility, in a 60 limit. 

I am doing 35 mph when I see her and I have to make a smooth emergency break so the jaguar tailgating me doesn't wipe us both out. 

then after I go past she throws her arm out the window swearing at me !!!!!

good video and nice one for putting the times for the stuff you thought would be interesting :)

Yeh it's a long video and you would have to be incredibly bored to watch the whole thing :D

lol

I like watching vids, but when someone puts a thread on 'can't believe this happened earlier' and then post a 20 min video and expect you to sit and watch the full thing and try to guess what they were so shocked by

• Like 1

Got a few knobs on my home from work this morning! I was so excited since i have the dash cam i had to edit them and get them on youtube before going to bed XD

First we have a classic lane hogger:

Then we have a Corsa who was patient enough to let me overtake... then impatient enough to overtake on the roundabout. The barrier on the roundabout makes it difficult for me to see since I'm in the right hand lane, which is why I slow down so much... then quickly followed by a BMW who thinks he has right of way.

• Like 1

What is it about BMWs that make people drive like that! Or what makes people who drive like this buy BMWS :,)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I have no idea... I saw he quite clearly looked and saw me, the other car approaching stopped... he obviously just went "I have a BMW... so neuww"

• Like 1

I had some good footage yesterday, car going in a ditch, bird trying to commit suicide but the subaru brakes stopped it happening, some people cutting corners and an impatient person overtaking before a canal bridge! Then last night i broke the SD card.... in half :O. Using my Gopro one now, got another on it's way tomorrow for the Gopro :). Shame really because that was some awesome stuff!

Liking that bmw driver, just couldn't wait that extra bit longer ;)

• Like 1

Aww that sucks Gaulson! I would have liked to see that, I always forget to turn my cam on when the best stuff happens and people get mad when you try to recreate the footage

that's some serious lane hogging :angry:

I think when you have a dash cam, you become more aware of stupid/inconsiderate drivers.

Also, with a dash cam I drive more cautiously as well. if I am involved in an accident, I want the footage to show I wasn't to blame and was driving sensibly (as my accident, if I had been tailgating him down the hill and there was a similar bump, it wouldn't have been as clean cut/obvious that he was fully to blame)

• Like 1

Do you have a multimeter? Plug it in and check if there is power in the socket and also coming out the end of the charger :)

I don't have a multimeter... just do the test of plugging in a different device and seeing if it works! Sat nav still works fine and gets power... just not the dash cam, and like I said... tested in my wifes car and no power from it either!

Sorry no it's the power cable... there is an LED on the unit which lights up when it has power... this morning, no LED... in wifes car... no LED. When the dash cam receives power it automatically switches on and starts recording. Noticed this morning that it never and no LED on the power cable. Camera still turns on fine... but I'm not willing to keep taking the camera out of the car to charge it. Already arranged for a return with Amazon.

Hope that makes sense... just off night shift and about to go to bed :D

• Like 1

After my drive home today I want to change dashcams to one that does front and rear. Any decents cams you guys no of? Don't mind nudging past the £100 mark.

I had a guy check out the paint on my bumper but no footage due to him being behind, he annoyed me so much I put my foot down and left him. Only to have him come back when I slowed down again, in the end I just indicated and let him pass. Only to end up following him all the way home... turns out he lives down my road :o

EDIT: Okay I've done some research and gone for the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH.... basically a full HD front and rear camera with built in GPS. Pretty price though!

It's the wiring that gets me for that though, I would have to have the rear one hard wired in. If i get a cam that does both front and rear then nothing changes in the car.