First time buyer

Daryl

Looks like you've found a nice clean example 😎

The blobeye wagons do have a narrower front end but I'm sure the "track" is the same . If it bothers you that much , you can just bolt on the saloon front bumper and wings though 😉

As for jacking ,rear diff axle stands under the rear trailing arms .front engine cradle /subframe , and I use thin bits of wood on top of the axle stands (to not chip of the protective under body paint) and place them under the chassis .

As for getting pulled over ,I've had scoobies for about 10 yrs and some set ups have been pretty loud but have only been pulled over once . That was only cos there was a "terminal velocity " (1/2 mile) event locally , so they were doing vosa checks on anything remotely "sporty" in the area .

Hopefully now the local police have pulled you and they know you're all legal,  they'll get on with catching some criminals (instead of hassling you) 😊

• Like 1

Probably something simple. Have you done any work on it yet? When were the plugs last changed and what type? I would get a Bluetooth dongle and Torque app as it is more useful for monitoring other stuff like coolant temp and check and clear codes. Temp gauge in dash is way too slow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=obd+bluetooth&crid=2H3XB9B9RQLCG&sprefix=obd+%2Caps%2C136&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_4

I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sp-full-Diagnostic-Scanner-Android/dp/B07RHRMG1B/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2H3XB9B9RQLCG&keywords=obd+bluetooth&qid=1574429367&sprefix=obd+%2Caps%2C136&sr=8-6

and this app

https://scanneranswers.com/torque-pro-obd2-app-review/

Out of interest what octane fuel you using?

Really hope it's a simple fix ni paper work for the plugs not a clue, havent done anything yet got a trolley Jack today was gonna do the oil tonight but couldnt get a sump seal today so ordered one for tommorow but wont be able.to pick it up now anyways that's on the back burner now. Cant believe it

I wouldn’t panic about it mate if the car is running fine. You will be able to read codes clear codes and probably see live data on your wee scanner I can on mine and It’s a Amazon special too lol. Out of interest what was the driving conditions when the code came up?

Magic. Well I'd just set off from picking up trolley Jack couple of hundred yards down the road accelerating through a bend in 3rd not kaning it just steady away, that's when I noticed it couldnt be a hundred percent that's when it came up though🤷‍♂️

Ok will have to wait for the reader. If i was run on lower octane before it may clear as you drive it as the ecu is learning. Have you disconnected the Battery for any length of time? This will reset the ecu and it may just need to relearn. Kinder clutching at straws though.

I am not sure. I would probably go with sports cat if mine failed. 200 cell cat is £230 upwards depending on which brand. Fitting would not be that bad if your paying someone.

Nah the fuel thing was just a wild guess, it should have learnt by now anyway. I remember fitting a lamda sensor once and the check light came on but went out after about 30 miles.