First time buyer

Daryl

Aye mate still looks like heatsheild I think the netting is some sorts of insulation. Best way to tell is run the engine and put so card or paper on it and if air wafts it about then it’s a leak. Obviously be careful it’s extremely hot

Had my fair share of bad mechanics aswell🙄, they're doin it for a livin it's like goin out to eat most the time I'm thinkin fk me I could a better job myself an I'm a beans on toast man🤣. Think I'll notice any diff after this change?

Pmsl at the hard hat 😂🤣, it will just sound smoother on tick over but it will keep the engine happy and clean 3,000miles to go for your next one. Good buy there way the jack 👍 canny mind did you say this car has The Prodrive pack?

Lmao just gotta make do sometimes Haha. Is that it 3k😅 , just exhaust mate its got new shocks n springs 2 got a receipt somewhere few quids worth anyway👌 feels very firm but mind you going from a golf estate I think anything would lol.

Ffs I just watched a video someone doin an oil change never put oil in it then watched somebody else an they put oil in the filter b4 they put it on wtf????

Aye most guys change it every 3k on these, I check oil level ever 500 miles or so aswel, I usually do fill the filter first. Will be fine on this occasion just so it doesn’t run dry on first start but your engine should still have a coating from previous oil. 

Its mental I've known a fair few people who just dont change their oil all bangers mind so fair enough. I'll do it next time now I know, ya live ya learn, I was waiting for you to say your gonna hafto drain the oil hahaha, the motors been standing a while so hopefully its had plenty time to work through?

I was the same my first car was a polo and I had it service once in 4 year cause I really didn’t care about it 😂🤣, I garuntee if you took it to an avarage mechanic they wouldn’t fill it but you”ll see why when you do it next time it’s surprising how much it takes to fill it lol

Oright mate got ya👍  just didnt wanna over fill dont know how long it takes to settle in their between reading the stick  doin my head in not gettin a straight line its trail up the sides a bit down to a litre left I'll just chuck half that in then as ya say