First time buyer

Daryl

Just be careful this happened on my last wrx and I wasted money buying lamda sensors and all sorts. A Normal garage can replace it no bother but it’s finding out the real issue in the first place to save you a head ache. If it’s P0420 there’s threads all over the internet telling you what to do man. You will probably still be fine to drive it man 

If the car is still running fine don't worry too much about it as it must be a non critical fault if you know what i mean as if it was a major fault then it would go in to limp mode and de-rate the power by say 60%, the engine management can come on for hundreds of reasons, all these sensors and ecu's read info from everything else by the millisecond so all it takes is for a slight misfire or something not getting correct voltage for say a second and the car goes s**t somethings wrong put on the light, i use vpower in mine, i used bp ultimate or what ever its called once when i needed fuel and it was the only place about to go and the car didn't like it at all, if you have a tesco nearby their momentum 99 is ok 👍

That's good to know stuartie👍 it's funny  I put BP ultimate in just last night sounds so random fuel can do that who knew a badass motor could be a massive princess🤣  not sure if the thing.to do then if I clear the code an see if it comes back on? Just dont want to damage things further by driving it pr is their no.chance of that? 

When you get the code reader just clear the fault, go out a drive and try to replicate the way you were driving today when the light came on also try different styles of driving to check if that makes it come on aswell, hopefully the car was just having a wee hissy fit 👍

Rossco just seen your post about the cat just depends on price difference really on a bit of a budget not really wanting to get it mapped right now maybe next yr at some point, could I still get the sti up pipe?

Waste of money in my opinion an induction kit unless your going for serious power. Standard Airbox is good for at least 300 bhp probably more if I am not mistaken. Each to there own though. Will make nice sound if nothing else.

Just buy a decent panel filter instead standard air box is well better unless 350hp is your ballpark, then if your on a budget get an open source map should only cost about 200-250 quid. on the topic of can you replace up pipe with out map I’m not sure some say yes some say no. A good starting point is fuel pump panel filter cat back exhaust and map makes a difference. Of course decat or sports cat down pipe are options aswell. Again this is what anyone who mods/ maps Subaru’s will tell you.

Just want to put it right for now close to el Skintos boys😭 scan tool still not here supposed to be here before 8pm. So gonna do oil change while I'm waitin, the washer I ordered never came, thinkin about goin to Halfords for a kit 

• Like 1