Japfest 2 Donington Park 17th August 2014 Sign Up Closed

Gambit

This is what I put so you can see for yourselves.

1st email

Hi there I just received my club stand tickets.

Now I'm a little confused I have a ticket that says Admits one Adult and the carpass Club display. It did say on the site this.

To enter Japfest and to display your car you will need to purchase a vehicle pass. This
includes entry to the show and costs £15.50 per car. Each vehicle booked is allowed to
bring passengers at no extra cost, up to a maximum of 4 people per vehicle.

But on the letter with the pack says "All adults must present a ticket on the gate or pay £20 and on the site it now doesn't show the extra 4 people as a benefit as below. So I'm after finding out if people can still bring along passengers at no extra cost.

Reply so far 

Hi

Not sure where you have had the information from but it has always been per person. If you purchased your ticket from a club then you might need to discuss with them.

The car pass lets the car in but everyone in the car also needs a separate ticket which can be bought in advance or on teh day
Thanks

My email back

The info was direct from your site I copied it when it first went live with the info for the forum and seems to have changed after.

No reply so far but I have a funny feeling it will be along the lines of we have never had that on the site when clearly they have as I copied it word for word :) 

I'm really annoyed about it to be fair I think you can book the tickets still per head but I know it was per car with 4 passengers. I will move bandits post as I have replied to that so you can see the emails. 

look on page 15 you can see what's been emailed and there reply so far. I will see what the interest is next year for this I'm tempted to boycott it, but I'm pi$$ed off about it at the minute so might need to just chill out a bit  :angry: paid for both cars to go and had people coming. I always like to look on the bright side of everything but it might mean I have to leave the missus behind ;) 

Does someone knows what happnes if we go in the car with more people, and those doesnt have an entrance? They can buy it at the same time that the car enters the parking? Or do they have to go out, to make the line 2 hours later? -.-

No you if you have the car pass for the stand and have people in the car by the looks of it it's going to be £20 for them to pay but you get in early for the stand. If thats what you mean :D 

I'm waiting to see if I get a reply but I didn't screenshot the site so think it will be difficult to argue the case I think they know they dropped a bollock. I'm still fuming about it. I'm going to have to have words with the people coming with me now too  :angry: not paying £120 for them to go as well :( 

Pretty annoyed about this too, like Gambit I've got a full car coming and I'm not paying for their tickets. What are other jap car forums saying about it? Surely Japfest will have been bombarded with complaints

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

So its confirmed that at least if we are going with people inside the car, these people has "priority" at least to buy the tickets at the moment and come with us, right? So they wont have to leave the car to wait 2 hours for the entrances, for then make the line to buy the tickets...

The replied email 

Hi
Only Japfest at Castle Combe in May allows this but it is not £15.50 it is £20.00
We have never offered this at Japfest 2 this or any other year so I am not sure where you got that information.
All people in the car will need a ticket. The pass only allows access for the car
Thanks

And I already told them I got it direct from their site. So I'm just banging my head against a wall, I'm that !Removed! off I'm not even bothered about going now.  :angry: But to late now lets face it with only a couple of weeks to go if it was a typo there end or I some how got the two crossed over they won't admit to it and leave the blame this end. Wow what a bargain £15.50 I'd rather pay the extra £4.50 to get a few people in....

The replied email 

Hi

Only Japfest at Castle Combe in May allows this but it is not £15.50 it is £20.00

We have never offered this at Japfest 2 this or any other year so I am not sure where you got that information.

All people in the car will need a ticket. The pass only allows access for the car

Thanks

And I already told them I got it direct from their site. So I'm just banging my head against a wall, I'm that !Removed! off I'm not even bothered about going now.  :angry: But to late now lets face it with only a couple of weeks to go if it was a typo there end or I some how got the two crossed over they won't admit to it and leave the blame this end. Wow what a bargain £15.50 I'd rather pay the extra £4.50 to get a few people in....

So the ticket we have, is only for our car and the driver? I'm pretty certain it did say on their japfest 2 website it was 15.50 for the car and 4 people.

I'm 99% sure it did mate I can't see how I can copy it and paste it here if it wasn't :(

And yep its the car and the driver thats it. :(  :angry:

:(

The missus isnt coming anymore, she's not happy with paying the extra for it and my mate jack'd me out to go to vfest... I'll be all on my tod :'(

:(

The missus isnt coming anymore, she's not happy with paying the extra for it and my mate jack'd me out to go to vfest... I'll be all on my tod :'(

Yeah my missus isn't going now either. told my brother and a few others that was coming not sure what they are doing now :( 

Gambit,there not going to admit that they have cocked up,the only way to get there attention maybe to bad press them and see if they admit it? if it s a mistake fine,if its a way of getting more cash out of us! then the only way is to bad mouth the event, AFTER WE'VE ALL HAD A GOOD TIME FIRST :P  ha ha.   Well done anyway for giving it your best shot man :angry:  So lets go and have a good day :)

• Like 1

Should have all come to NBO [emoji14]

Sorry, my bad [emoji15]

Have to say, having read through this now, I think they will live to regret f****** you all around

i WAS gutted that i couldn't make it but tbh seeing all this hassle you guys are having i'm fairly glad i didn't buy a ticket since i probably wouldn't have been able to fork out another £20 for the missus to get in too and there is NO WAY IN HELL i'd be allowed to go alone