What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Went to London at the weekend had a lovely drive down faultless. The next came out after having breakfast and there a lovely person leaning on my car!!!! WTF!!!! As you can imagine as asked him very nicely to remove his !Removed! from my car [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to London [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

• Like 1

12 !Removed! hours on the road today to get back from Devon...!Removed! M5 car park lol

Anyway at least I have my baby back and what a difference! In addition to changing the rear shocks and sorting my sticky brakes, he changed the rear discs and pads for me [emoji106]

Result is a car with no knocking or banging and a much tighter rear end altogether. Brakes feel much more assured too....very happy chappy [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Took the scoob out to price a job up and chose the long way home for the love of boost n burble [emoji4]

Came across st and a 330 beemer having a "play " on the carriage way.

All 3 of us ended up side by side at set of traffic lights .

As I changed out of 3rd and glanced in the rear view mirror the 2 specs in the distance seemed to be evenly matched . So I just skipped 4th n 5th, dumped it in 6th and kept to the speed limit .

only to see them fly by a few seconds later both giving me a wry grin and a thumbs up as they passed [emoji106] .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 3

Been to the Japfest with the SOC had a great time thanks to all that went and sorry to the one that couldn't. Four scoobies left including myself and we saw off some ST's and some EVO's that was a great time. The Subaru owners really are like family !

• Like 1

Took the scoob out to price a job up and chose the long way home for the love of boost n burble [emoji4]

Came across st and a 330 beemer having a "play " on the carriage way.

All 3 of us ended up side by side at set of traffic lights .

As I changed out of 3rd and glanced in the rear view mirror the 2 specs in the distance seemed to be evenly matched . So I just skipped 4th n 5th, dumped it in 6th and kept to the speed limit .

only to see them fly by a few seconds later both giving me a wry grin and a thumbs up as they passed [emoji106] .

Them 330 are not great iv had a bit of a go with 1 of them in my standard classic turbo and he didn't hold up much then

Possibly sourced a door and wing, how easy is it to change the doors over ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can be tricky to get the pins out will need two people mate

De-hazed the headlights again and used the magical megs ultimate compound to remove 99% of the worst paint blemish on the car...great stuff [emoji41]

Top cooling hose split today spraying coolant over the engine bay. Used some temporary fixing tape from Halfords until I can get a replacement from Subaru. Would like to replace them all with silicone ones but that will have to wait till after the house move. Just hope the temporary fix holds long enough. 😁

17 minutes ago, david1972 said:

Had another go at removing the headlight units to be able to put my led sidelights in...there is no ducking way they are coming out emoji35.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my Hatch you can just undo the wheel arch liner and reach up and do the sidelight that way.

I took one headlight out and then was told ^^ is all you have to do, Might be the same for yours.

sidelight08.1.JPG

Set up the gear judge and start duty function on the avcr last night ... What a difference it's made[emoji33] [emoji16] [emoji12] . Now Spools about 700 rpm sooner to the 1 bar target in 2nd gear compared to the old settings in 4th [emoji41]

Only issue is that I'll definitely have to set up the low boost mode . As it's a bit too responsive for the Mrs doing the tesco run and will probably be running on boost when driving at 65mph on the duel carriage way in 6th [emoji23]

• Like 1