What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

!Removed! hell, been gone for a few weeks and now Daves gone and bought a JDM Impreza! Good man! How's it treating you? 

& sorry ive been gone for a while. My new car has been giving me some major headaches to point where I was falling out with it altogether so didn't really feel like posting lol. But can see light at end of the tunnel now and not as mardy haha. How's everyone been? ;) 

!Removed! hell, been gone for a few weeks and now Daves gone and bought a JDM Impreza! Good man! How's it treating you? 

& sorry ive been gone for a while. My new car has been giving me some major headaches to point where I was falling out with it altogether so didn't really feel like posting lol. But can see light at end of the tunnel now and not as mardy haha. How's everyone been? ;) 

Smiles every day mate [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41] bet that shocked ya! Adam came to look at it with me and it was in good nic and rare as owt I just couldn't leave it [emoji15]

Going back to the dealer next week to have sticky pistons looked at and rear shocks replaced....already replaced the windscreen.

What's up with your new beast mate?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

three where starting to bubble and the forth had a hole in, all the bits and bobs cost me about £60  thats 

paper 

filler 

2 x anti rust primer

2 x lacker 

and 2 x coded paints

Did you do them yourself?

Yes its not to hard

Just ordered £80's worth of braided lines to plumb in the new catch can and billet fuel rails (once they arrive)

Hopefully the sun will stay out so I can change the oil filter and drop some fresh nano drive in this afternoon[emoji1]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 3

Took a drive to Snetterton to watch a bit of 750 car championship racing another good day out shame about the few (heavy at times) showers. Meet a nice gentleman in an 04 blob WRX STI. Very nice car wish my paintwork was as good as his. Just a shame we couldn't get parked side by side. 😀😀😀

On 25 June 2016 at 2:33 PM, david1972 said:

Smiles every day mate emoji41.pngemoji41.pngemoji41.png bet that shocked ya! Adam came to look at it with me and it was in good nic and rare as owt I just couldn't leave it emoji15.png

Going back to the dealer next week to have sticky pistons looked at and rear shocks replaced....already replaced the windscreen.

What's up with your new beast mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, good to hear mate. 

Hope your sat down, it's a long & boring story haha. 

Well since getting thing it I obviously did major service, cambelt, replaced brakes, tyres etc. All good. Then went on to modding, this is when the problems started. Not the cars fault admittedly but I couldn't deal with it being so slow compared to my last one. 

First major headache. The Exhaust. Bought a 3" decat turbo back. Hayward & Scott D/pipe, cobra double resonated center and a Raptor back box. Sounded AWFUL. Got the EL headers with twinscroll so no burble obviously. But this was just farty, raspy and ridiculously, stupidly loud. Not only that but it didn't fit correctly and ended up burning through my bumper a bit 😭

I then got in talks with Top Gear at Doncaster which is a PowerFlow exhaust maker on recommendation from a couple of people. I asked them to make me a catback with a big baffle silencer in middle similar to the H&S track one. When there he convinced me a big resonator rather than baffle box will be sufficient to quieten it down and made a back box with a really long silencer. Sounded only very slightly better. He convinced me it would get better when run in a bit. Did it !Removed!! Got worse. To point where it was just as bad as the old system. Got in contact with them and they just completely fobbed me off and were ****. Very disappointing after they were so friendly and helpful all the way up until the point of getting my cash. Now got a £550 paperweight I can't seem to sell on either. 

Finally went back to Cobra/exhaust uk who I was originally slagging off due to their centre being the reason my original system didn't fit correctly causing bumper burn and they were mega helpful. They sorted out fitting issues at a greatly reduced rate and got the back box cheaper too. Got their full track spec cat back now. Lots quieter and sounds loads better. Still not perfect but best I'm going to get with EL headers. 

Exhaust finally sorted, 3 port and new fuel pump fitted. Onto mapping. Actuator is faulty. Won't hold boost passed 1.1 bar. Common issue, already bought a upgraded on from Forge in anticipation of this but he couldn't fit at the time. 

Actuator fitted, mapping take 2. Problems with the actuator/waste gate still. Looked into found the bracket Forge had fitted was **** and unfit for purpose. flexed under any load, it was so bad it was actually possible to move it just with your fingers. 

Got in contact with Forge. After a few emails they sent me a replacement bracket with gussets (missing from the one I got originally). Basically admitting the one they sent was ****. However still completely unhelpful in giving any kind of compensation to cover £60 fitting fee and £200 it cost trying to map before finding this issue as well as the other £40 removing and fitting new bracket. Wankers, won't buy anything from them ever again. Bought theirs at great expense because I thought they were a reputable make. Pricks. 

Mapping session 3. Still doesn't want to make power. took hours to sort. Had a fuelling issue where it was trying to use low boost fuelling at high boost. Making it lose power and worse, run lean and try to kill itself. Managed to sort this eventually. Still only made a slightly disappointing 340bhp, 330ftlb. Was hoping for 350bhp like my old one or even 360bhp like I've read some people getting on JDM's. 

Still, it was done and went for a blast as soon as I was done at the mappers. May have been10bhp less but actually felt just as fast as my old one, probably due to the extra bit of torque and twinscroll delivery. So I was happy. For all of 10 minutes. Engine light started to come on while accelerating. Mint. Luckily it's just a mapping setting he'd forgotten to take off after all hassle it gave him. No biggie but then starter mortor is now playing up and my driver side auto wing mirror has given up. 

Dropped it off with him yesterday to get the starter repaired and alter the map setting. Will hopefully be picking it up tomorrow night now and fingers crossed it'll all be good again! Wing mirror will have to wait though. Have to buy the unit not just a motor and they're silly money!

Also noticing a lot more paint blemishes now I've washed it a few times than I realised there was when buying. Still in a lot better condition than my old one though so not too unhappy about that. Still sucks. 

Seriously missing the burble too. Will be converting to single scroll as soon as I can. But decided I may as well got for a 400-450bhp turbo and do it properly for that so will be a while before that happens I think. Unless I get a good swap offer lol. 

So all that hassle, time, money and the fact I've not been able to drive it properly for about 2 months means I've been a unhappy chappie. Especially since I'm such an impatient bugger. Thats why I've been falling out with it 😂

Like I say, it's getting there now though and starting to see the light. Glad I got that sweet 10 minutes where it was working fine too as for that little bit of time it all seemed worth it which gave me a bit of a bump 😊

• Like 2

Been through the mill a bit there mate - mine has a lovely loud rumble with my nur spec.....guess I don't have the equal headers or twinscroll that you have :unsure: