What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Took it for an emissions test, wanted to know if the cheapy eBay exhaust I bought and installed had compromised emissions. Went to the local Subaru agents, then an indy garage who did it for £10. Subaru workshop reception gave me a price of £64.90 - yes, you read that right - more than a full MOT, for just 10 minutes doing an emissions test!

Just bagged an absolute bargain (at least I think?). 4 silver STi alloys with tyres, £160 shipped!

Only a bargain if you wanted 4 silver STi alloys with tyres 😉 haha

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Went for a nice drive today in the sun, ended up in silverdale

Saw a Subaru looking mangled on the a6 between morecambe and carnforth looked like it went side on into a gate post or something, hope the folk are alright

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

On 13 May 2017 at 8:58 PM, stants said:

Been to see@mfnick 's type r emoji7.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glad you like it 😄. Was good having a quick catch up will have to go for a drive and a drink next time 👍🏻

Picked it up yesterday from SSS, had a breather pipe for fuel system relocated and new alternator belt fitted. Seems to have sorted a fuel smell issue and belt squeeks. Time will tell for sure. 

Ive recently moved house too, positive - now got off road parking. Negative - trees all around!!! Was valeted at SSS too, lasted one night before getting crap all over it again from surrounding trees. Going to have to invest in a cover. 

Been to see@mfnick 's type r [emoji7]

Glad you like it 😄. Was good having a quick catch up will have to go for a drive and a drink next time 👍🏻

Picked it up yesterday from SSS, had a breather pipe for fuel system relocated and new alternator belt fitted. Seems to have sorted a fuel smell issue and belt squeeks. Time will tell for sure. 

Ive recently moved house too, positive - now got off road parking. Negative - trees all around!!! Was valeted at SSS too, lasted one night before getting crap all over it again from surrounding trees. Going to have to invest in a cover. 

Or invest in a gun [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Haha, luckily it's not bird crap. Don't have to park directly under one but it gets covered in all leaves, blossom etc. From wind and gets a slightly rough, sticky coating on it after a few days if left. Pain in backside  to keep clean. I have to rinse it basically everyday to stop it getting a mess.

17 hours ago, mfnick said:

Haha, luckily it's not bird crap. Don't have to park directly under one but it gets covered in all leaves, blossom etc. From wind and gets a slightly rough, sticky coating on it after a few days if left. Pain in backside  to keep clean. I have to rinse it basically everyday to stop it getting a mess.

Ugh, yeah I'm finding this at the moment...two trees either side of my off road parking...pollen all over the shop!

• Like 1

Good to see you back fella...let's have some up to date pics [emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Done full engine service , an hour and a half to change spark plugs( stupid !Removed! things would be ok if i was a wee jap boy with tiny hands 😂😂) and half an hour to do filters and oil, now running as sweet as ever 👍

47 minutes ago, stuartie said:

Done full engine service , an hour and a half to change spark plugs( stupid !Removed! things would be ok if i was a wee jap boy with tiny hands 😂😂) and half an hour to do filters and oil, now running as sweet as ever 👍

Hi Stuartie, Hoping your talking about a GC8 - I gave my plugs a go and gave up (for the moment that is). What tool combo did you use?

I'm finding it difficult with the ratchet being unable to fit between the engine and the side of the engine bay.

E.g. So I have Spark plug socket attached to an extension then I try to attach to the ratchet. I have tried attaching a flexible thingy between the extension and ratchet but no joy.  Apologies for the newbie question.  Would appreciate any advice.

Have you removed the Battery and washer bottle from one side and the air box from the other ? Little trick is to lessen off one side of the engine mounts and put a Jack underneath then raise it slightly till the block tilts and you get a bit better access, change plug remove Jack tighten mount and repeat on the other side

• Like 2

On 31 March 2017 at 2:21 PM, Rizmo said:

Got email from lorry company insurance, to go ahead with repairs. Only took nearly three months for a simple decision! Now to get it booked in.

Repairer won't do work without insurer giving them the go ahead, and agreeing to pay on completion. Won't let me pay and claim back as "it's not done that way, nowadays". Insurer now ignoring me, so sod them, will get it sorted myself.

Yeah the gc8 mate, i used the lift at work so that might of made the job a bit easier,if your doing it from above then the Battery and washer bottle would probs have to come out for access, i used a spark plug socket and a really short extension so that when attached they were basically flush with the rocker cover then managed to get my ratchet on, then a few turns and they were finger tight, removed the ratchet and unscrewed them with the socket and extension then opposite way to put them back in, bit they are a pita sometime you just have to stand back with a brew, swear a few times then try again 😂, you'll get there it is possible haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stants said:

Have you removed the battery and washer bottle from one side and the air box from the other ? Little trick is to lessen off one side of the engine mounts and put a Jack underneath then raise it slightly till the block tilts and you get a bit better access, change plug remove Jack tighten mount and repeat on the other side

That sounds like a plan...thanks