What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Fitted the hella supertones today. Salsa, you have to take the whole from bumper off!!! Took me about 4.5 hours, reckon about about an hour was spent going backwards and forwards to my garage at the back off the house.

Front bumper off. It's pretty easy, there are a few fasteners on top off the grill, 4 or 5 on each wheel arch and four underneath holding The under tray on.

You could do it just removing the grill but you have to take the under tray off to get to 4 screws at the bottom off the grill so it was easier just to whip the bumper off.

34155216ba9ac93017ffcc9c81ff96cd_zpsa3b8

I copied the subiemods bracket and made one myself for £15 inc getting a metal workshop to cut it out for me.

6BF248D2-0CFC-41D9-A457-5FCDF162F49A_zps

Made up my own wiring harness using felxitube and heat shrink to tidy all the ends up. Didn't take a pic of that though :(

Mounted the really to the side of the relay/fuse box.

64076367-485A-4D50-B2BD-6BE74526FC8A_zps

Finally got the bumper back on and everything back in place. Works a treat, I left one of my stock horns connected in case the separate fuse on the hella loom blows so I still have a horn.

EDA3FA97-4A2A-457E-8FC5-180FEDD8ECD2_zps

Salsa, note there are two stock horns of the car, one in the middle and one under the drivers side headlight.

• Like 1

cool, thanks,

where did you get the HELLA'S from?

The wiring loom from Subimods is just plug and play.

I should be able to get the 'old' horn off if I remove the front grille... the bumper if I have too ;)

fitting guide is here btw..

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6PVO04w4sKKQnA4MXA5aU43UlU/edit

I got mine from eBay, think they are copies though as they were made in India not Germany. My wiring loom cost me about £20 for all the blade connectors wire, heat shrink and flexi tube.

Their guide is pretty much exactly what I did. I used the thread on NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1133994

2 things with the subiemods guide.

1. the bracket on the front of the car where the existing horn and bonnet catch is was flat on mine, you may need to straighten out the SM bracket.

2. They don't mention the headlight washers. If you have them on your car, before you take the bumper off gently lift the washer cover plate up and then it unclips from the actual washer unit. If you leave them one you will break them when removing the bumper.

Massive detour en route to a christening. Nearly ran out of fuel no Shell garage for miles around.

Do any classic owners find the car gets noiser whne down to the reserve ? Or is it just my paranoid ear, or maybe fuel pressure issues ?

She's always a bit louder after an oil change so I'll just listen out.

On another note just orderd a new set of sfs hoses for the I/c and a group n pitch stop :-)

Discovered a new fun way to pass the time on the A16 had a Clio on a 10 plate being driven by a pretty young thing up my backside so took it to. Lets just say a little over the speed limit, to make some distance, then would slow back to speed limit watch her killing her car to catch up to my rear and rinse and repeat. Made 3 or 4 miles go pretty fast   :lol:

• Like 2

Massive detour en route to a christening. Nearly ran out of fuel no shell garage for miles around.

Do any classic owners find the car gets noiser whne down to the reserve ? Or is it just my paranoid ear, or maybe fuel pressure issues ?

She's always a bit louder after an oil change so I'll just listen out.

One of the best bits of advice Martin and Dave at SSS have given me is to stop listening out for and worrying about general noises it makes lol! Subaru's - especially older ones - are just generally noisier cars than most and just sound more mechanical more of the time. You'll know when it's a sound that's something's wrong, if it's a noise you're not sure if it's a problem or not, it'll most likely be absolutely normal and nothing to worry about. ;)

Still, saying that. Doesn't stop me worrying completely and still get them to check out most stuff haha!

Haha I know I'm terrible for that. It

When I went to pick the car up he was on about the slap and how it is when she's cold. Does sound quieter with the oil he uses for the changes. Just needs a couple of days to give it a couple of heat cycles.

• Like 1

Spent a good few hours trying to polish my terd of paintwork.

Looks slightly better now. But being black it shows every car park ding and stone chip it's ever collected in it's 96k miles. Also the number plate fell off :(

post-2247-140467842463_thumb.jpgpost-2247-140467843482_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

See I like to keep a bit of dirt on my paintwork as there are loads of stone chips and dings on the bonnet, a couple of very small dints in other places on the car. A new bonnet would make it loads better but haven't got round to getting to the breakers yet.

I haven't done anything with the Subaru all weekend, It's been sat on my drive collecting dust. It's been my nieces 7th birthday and she had a massive party today. I am very tired now!!

Spent a good few hours trying to polish my terd of paintwork.

Looks slightly better now. But being black it shows every car park ding and stone chip it's ever collected in it's 96k miles. Also the number plate fell off :(

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1404678424.107377.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1404678434.356607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to try some of this, designed for black and dark coloured cars

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=dark-angel

I use the DRIFT, which is for white cars :)

• Like 1

Well not today but last night I fitted a nardi wheel (which has made the steering stiff) and a coilpack to stop the intermittent miss that the car has around 2-2.5k rpm (that hasn't fixed it) so really it wasn't a very productive night lol.

you need to try some of this, designed for black and dark coloured cars

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=dark-angel

I use the DRIFT, which is for white cars :)

I'm currently using meguires clay kit, poorboys black, poorboys polish with caranuba wax and some colonite expensive wax.

When that's low I'll give that a try.

Also got this today :(

post-2247-140484146171_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 2