project blue

aucky

2 hours ago, Beags said:

Shame you can't get the bits to make it work with all the dials you have there's not much room left.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

the shift light is 30mm by 20mm so its tiny really,going to sit on top of the steering coloum.i could get a sti cluster and shift light would work but would say sti on rev counter and mines not so dont really want a sti badge on it.

Yeah i fitted the red defi style cluster in my blob wrx.they wasnt cheap but look't great and did the swoop.only problem with them was the wrx dont have a rear dif temp sensor so light was on all time.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, aucky said:

Yeah i fitted the red defi style cluster in my blob wrx.they wasnt cheap but look't great and did the swoop.only problem with them was the wrx dont have a rear dif temp sensor so light was on all time.

You can turn that off relocating one of the the wires on the connectors

Yeah i watched a youtube about it,but sold car before i got roind to it so took them back out and sold them for 50quid more then i got them for [emoji3]

• 1 month later...

Not updated my thread for a while so here what i have done.fitted a front splitter,think it finishes the front off and stops it looking like the nose is high.made a heat shield and moved my cone filter down into the wing to keep it cold.had my wheels refurbed and powder coated,look like new now.finally i have moved the gauges again as i still was not happy with them.like them now looks a lot less all over place.5cffd3646cc54a17dc252e9cd70ff1df.jpg1ad2ab2a407c953bb952ffd89552c570.jpg949b136a77395f384a66f729e5807b26.jpgd9a4148ec8989a65006db636b4a4aea5.jpg

Not updated my thread for a while so here what i have done.fitted a front splitter,think it finishes the front off and stops it looking like the nose is high.made a heat shield and moved my cone filter down into the wing to keep it cold.had my wheels refurbed and powder coated,look like new now.finally i have moved the gauges again as i still was not happy with them.like them now looks a lot less all over place.5cffd3646cc54a17dc252e9cd70ff1df.jpg1ad2ab2a407c953bb952ffd89552c570.jpg949b136a77395f384a66f729e5807b26.jpgd9a4148ec8989a65006db636b4a4aea5.jpg

Looking good! What colour did you do your wheels? I gonna do mine, but unsure what colour, I do like yours.

Thanks mate the wheels defo transform the look of the car.i had them done in anthracite,wanted them dark but not a fan of black wheels,you can still see the detail in the wheels with this were i think black hides it.

• Like 1

Inot sure of the make.i got it from tarmacsport,it says real carbon but 90% of them that say real carbon are fibreglass with just a layer carbon to finish it off to keep cost down.

brave as I know I would crack it in a car park . so looking for the other materials for mine. but looks cool.

brave as I know I would crack it in a car park . so looking for the other materials for mine. but looks cool.

TBH most splitters are going to break if you hit them , my friend is on his third in two years on his blob eye but it is rather low , you want to try and get a flexible rubbery one but they're quite rare

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

HTautos do the rubber one's and are very good quality as well,had theirs on my blob but they dont do them for narrow body hatch only for the sti.they do the side skirt extensions as well

so couple things done this weekend,getting it ready for scoobyfest which i won a pair free entry ticket and some killer wax in a competition thanks to flitspeed for that :tongue:.so i fitted the side skirt extensions and rear quarter extensions from htautos,then i debaged the rear,i left the wrx on think it looks ok and will be easyer to clean.left.thumb.jpg.77df5e4a3e0576b9cb6c5ceb16ab0629.jpgright.thumb.jpg.22350d645144ae122838c16a63f2362b.jpgbefore.thumb.jpg.ca2a5672614d5bbb257ca55604a17126.jpgafter.thumb.jpg.148a55c7468a2efdaf9ceaf4b96601ad.jpg

• Like 2

are the skirts glued or just screwed on. Kershaw I saw something called muck off I think to remove the leftovers.

You get some plastic trim tabs with the extensions but i uses some little countersunk head 8mm nuts and bolts and washers about size 10p so they wouldnt just pull straight threw plastic.just take sideskirt off and drill holes in underneath.hole are allready in side skirt extension n a strip stick tape to position and hold it for drilling.8 holes in each n 4 in rear quarters.for debaging i used a hair dryer and dental floss to pull letter off then heat from dryer on glue left over.then soapy water and micro fibre clother give it some elbow grease to get outline off.then a good polish.took about a hour to do both words.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...