Forza Race event

stants

Haha  :lol:

Hey Dogconker do you need your back scrubbing  ;)

And thanks all again great night some great racing. And lets face it with out a bit of contact it's not really racing :) 

And I have to say this weekend has been dam good very mixed with the race winners and some fastest laps set by the newcomer BlackBOSH so thats great work from you too mate and a 3rd place finish. :D

Yeah if you can get a mic be able to sit and swear as much as me ;) But help's with just joining in really, I had to buy another one got it from fleebay for about £3 brandnew 

And if anyone fancies going on mid week for a bit of a practice I will pop on will have a few laps of next week's tracks ;)

I have a headset at home so will have to remember to bring it with me, I'm more than up for more midweek, I'll be up north wednesday so will be able to get my mic then,

...and now for the excuses, those long straights really showed me up as i was still using standard gearbox, should be more of a weapon next time, and if i hold off the beer a bit longer i might be able to stay more consistent

and as dogconker said got a surprise first corner without abs!

Well the league Leaderboards updated 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/3529-forza-top-gear-test-track-and-league-leaderboard/

And we have the Top Gear Test track ScoobyPetes great idea it's only raced in a 22b no mods at all just a plain standard as you buy it and has to be clean no going off the track or flashbacks :) it's harder that it looks/sounds.

And look forward to next weekend :D 

I have to admit I actually put in some 100 or so laps to learn every bump and kerb before I got my Sub 1:22 clean lap, so either you're damn good and knock me off pole quickly in which hat off to yer or be prepared to put the grind in. 

please don't beat me though, I can't sit through that many laps again but I won't be able to settle for 2nd. they'll find me sat in my rocking chair in 20yrs all crusty with an xbox controller in my skeletal fingers

• Like 1

Yes it is lol, Dog if i put that many laps in I would get worse think i got my time within 20 laps but i kept getting frustrated if i came off, and the TG track makes you do a full clean lap before you can put a clean lap in again if that makes sense whereas others it will be clean as long as you haven't been off the track before the start of the next lap. I'm no expert at the game but damn its got some hours of my life, I started on the original forza on xbox1 and have had every one since with portions of my life going into each I just wish 5 hadn't been so rushed as I really don't want to move back to gran tourismo

Just like to point out I was 3rd in the Official Xbox Magazine for fastest lap on the very 1st Forza Demo when they used to come on the front of Magazines :)

And can relate with the Gran Turismo too for me Forza does seem to have the edge over it.

And my love for the Apache hmmm I love that life saving/taking machine enough said :D

Ugly I just see awesomeness I think it looks amazing as much as it is. And I think after Granturismo one it never really improved :( then Foza gave so much more via graphics the customization and the paint to design your cars. Don't get me wrong as far as games go just like Toca and the orginal few Colin Mcrae rallies will always have that ever lasting love in my gaming heart, but forza takes the crown of them all.  

Vrally 1 & 2 just epic. Forza 2 painting brake callipers, says it all really, GT2 only just allowed you to replace wheels, and got rid of the race spec option from GT1 which was the best part about that game so went backwards in my opinion

@gambit, oh well if we're into bragging rights. GT3 (I think) did a Nurburgring challenge in Le Mans cars, fastest clean lap I came 6th in Europe and 13th worldwide.

That was back in the days before "online" when you got a code and you submitted it to the website. I think I managed a lap time of just under 6 mins

Might get my Tranny out tonight and give her a thrashing. . . .er, mmmm, actually, let me rephrase that. I might get into my A Class transit van tonight and see if I can beat 9 mins.

On the subject of reminiscing, remember Virtua Racer on sega, 1 car, 2 tracks and that was it £60 game! Trust me I've been gaming longer than most of you, not going into ages but I watched the first Starwars in the cinema and my first game console had pong on it!

Well my claim to fame was in MOTO GP on the Xbox one I was also in the top 10 in the world :) but Xbox live was pretty new then and I had been playing live because I was one of the 1st 50 in the UK to get on the beta ;) 

Might get my Tranny out tonight and give her a thrashing. . . .er, mmmm, actually, let me rephrase that. I might get into my A Class transit van tonight and see if I can beat 9 mins.

Good choice in the rephrase ;) 

And I think my 1st Computer was the Commodore 64 and 1st Console was the Atari 2600 but I had to share them with my older brothers too. I think my 1st ever online play vs others was on the Sega Dreamcast on Ferrari F355 Challenge. before moving to PC FPS games :D

But Star War at the Cinema you are older than me for sure ;)  

My first proper online was on Xbox 360 actually and on Forza

My first console was a Binatone DeLux, then an Atari cartridge console, comadore 64, Sega Megadrive, PS1, PS2, Xbox360

Never quite made top ten in world so I'll tip my hat to you on that one. I'll settle for top of SOC Topgear board now

Need to some more grip out of my Legacy for the racing, having to compensate at the minute with downforce which is knocking my top end, any ideas on set up?

My cars are only set up for three lap races. I noticed when i was chasing dog the other day about lap 4/5 as soon as the front tyres got really warm the front end became horrible. Maybe spring rate change needed.

I noticed you dropped off about lap 4, that was about when my car starting picking up, my tyres got grippier around then. I was running AWD not rear wheel drive which helped. Anyway I'd have only had an ABS failure and punted you off :-)

I'm trying to get used to driving without ABS, never done it before Christmas if I'm honest always used ABS, Traction control and stability control, so it's been a steep learning curve. I got the hang of hot laps but when I'm in a crowd and the adrenaline is going I'm still over cooking the brakes and unfortunately nudge the car in front, I do however relinquish the position, so the guy in front stays there once he's back on the track. I'd just give me a wide birth, or maybe just let me go at the front then I can't run into you, that would solve it ;-)

:-) my problem is i never used to tune my cars for speed, more ballanced but when racing online you get done up like a kipper so the 22b was rebuilt on sunday as rwd it was obviously quick just needs a bit more on the front so if i get chance and tear myself away form bf4 i'll look at spring rates & arb's maybe have a look at making the awd one a bit faster.think full slicks may have to come off in favour for a turbo upgrade :-D

Gonna try and do something with the hatch, i think it's handicapped off the bat with the weight penalty over the other cars.

If i'd had my way we'd all be racing in car view with manual 'box but its only a bit of fun and shouldn't be too annoying.

I only picked up an xbox about 3 years ago so i started late all my mates have been playing since forza1 it was a case of learn with no assists or do one. :O it does bring a bit more of an element of skill into the game i suppose, but makes for interesting 1st corner madness too