What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

3 minutes ago, aucky said:

You sellin the td04 for a resonable price think mine on last legs makin some strange noises.dont have cash to ho vf35 n map yet so just straigh swap for now :-(

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

When I get it off I'll check it over if it's all in good condition then I don't see why not :) It pulls great now just as it did when I bought the car with no smoke or nasty noise :)

Picking the car up at 3....please, please let my issues be fixed [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All sorted, good as new. Happy chappy [emoji41]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

New clutch, fywheel skim, sigpot bearing & rear main seal done
No more nasty deathly noises? :)

Nope, even quietened down a bit as the sigpot was seized so may even get a few more mpg back seeing as I'm not trying to drag that around all the time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david1972 said:

You defo getting it then Nick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Put a deposit down and should be collecting it Saturday all being well. 😄 Improvements are already being planned too, got some brakes, hoses and tyres down as first jobs. And been looking at exhausts and the RCM twinscroll header and up pipe...

@stants sounds like a good result mate! Good to hear. 

Random, odd question but did Martin mention to you when he was booking mine in? Been working in a remot place & phone has been playing up and not been receiving texts. Got one about keeping it a couple if days but nothing about when he's got it in for and not been able to get hold of him... May just have to call in on Saturday and see him. 

• Like 1

Bagged a 3" de-cat downpipe from a breaker today and got something else from a spec-d hawkeye sti which was a massive impulse buy... my girlfriend will kill me if she knew how much I've spent this last few weeks:death:

16 minutes ago, stants said:

Hope she doesn't read the forum !

Luckily she's not very techy and never knows much about whats going on with the car under the bonnet :P 'famous last words'

• Like 1

New toyo t1-r's fitted to the rear at 67 quid a piece! Also had a looksie under the motor whilst they were being done and found out the inner cv gators have split, bugger!! Still, booked in for next week to be sorted. At least that explains the hot oil smell I've been having, where it has splattered on the downpipe.

Sent from the moon using telepathy

Impreza has gone 😭😭😭

But wait!!! Another has appeared in its place 😃 

Needs a wash but couldn't get in front of house to do it when I got home. Will take some better photos then with a better camera. Got a few tiny bits to tidy up on it and it's noticeably slower than my old one was but it's a much better base to work on and is still !Removed! brill 😊 

Just ordered some new discs and pads for her and going to get some Vredestein tyres put on it ASAP too. Trying to get it in with Martin next week as well for a service and check over for peace of mind. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

I PX'd it. came to a good deal with the place I bought the new one off since it needed some bits sorting and I couldn't be doing with all idiots this type of car will attract in adverts haha. 

Yea I'm going to speak to Martin about that. In a weird way I kind of like it though haha. 

And no, it's the Jap one? That's why it has those hooks where the licence plate is. Admittedly can't see it in the pic very well but they're sticking out on the exhaust pic if you notice. That's what gives it away for me. Every one I looked at had the same one, what makes you think it's uk bumper? Got me worried now haha

Just the way it looked like a uk sized rear plate, unless your photo shop skills have done it an injustice,

Meets start up again next month so if I don't catch you before then I'll hopefully have a poke around it

• Like 1

Haha I've got mad photoshop skills! Not sure on that actually mate, it's got a very definite square space with hooks for the jap style plate but the uk one seems to fit ok length wise, though you can definitely tell it's not the correct style plate for the space lol. 

Yea, sounds good mate. Look forward to meets starting again 😊

• Like 1