What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

12 minutes ago, tom_gr7 said:

Halfords has a 3 for 2 offer on car cleaning products.

Also has the Rain x line on buy one get one free.  I managed to get two bottles of rain x and two bottles of rainx glass cleaner for 16 quid with the halfords discount :)

result :biggrin:

• Like 1

Got the vac out finally managed to get the last of the Christmas tree pines out, topped it up with fuel, managed to crack my Meguiars waterless cleaner in process, now interior smells fantastic, best £15 air freshener ever !

• Like 1

Got the gauge setup all plumbed in to the engine bay yesterday with the much appreciated help of stants :) Realized a silicone set of pipes will make working on the car less hassle - that stock plastic intercooler y-pipe is the worst! Would never have got that off on my own would have ended up throwing my tools out the pram. Only gauge we didn't get a reading off is the water temp - going to fault find that when I get chance this week assume the it is most likely a dud sender sensor but will check it's not the gauge either. Got boost, oil pressure, oil temp and voltage all working as they should though which is pleasing and tidied all the wiring up to keep it as neat as possible.

56eff8ed81b0a_DSC003761.thumb.JPG.acd77956eff8f09782a_DSC003771.thumb.JPG.43795a56eff8f4cf6a2_DSC003781.thumb.JPG.941538

• Like 2

Looking good mate,

So my 'sf5' zeros ports undertray arrived today, as I expected it's not looks like a classic one, so there's a 2" gap all the way round to the i/c and it's about 3" too long so do I go to the hassle of modifying a skirt to fit,of just sell it on ??

Gappage

fe5e313aafbcf8d96fbacb2f149a1de5.jpg

On 3/21/2016 at 1:46 PM, Hudson said:

Got the gauge setup all plumbed in to the engine bay yesterday with the much appreciated help of stants :) Realized a silicone set of pipes will make working on the car less hassle - that stock plastic intercooler y-pipe is the worst! Would never have got that off on my own would have ended up throwing my tools out the pram. Only gauge we didn't get a reading off is the water temp - going to fault find that when I get chance this week assume the it is most likely a dud sender sensor but will check it's not the gauge either. Got boost, oil pressure, oil temp and voltage all working as they should though which is pleasing and tidied all the wiring up to keep it as neat as possible.

56eff8ed81b0a_DSC003761.thumb.JPG.acd77956eff8f09782a_DSC003771.thumb.JPG.43795a56eff8f4cf6a2_DSC003781.thumb.JPG.941538

same bov as i have for sale in the part forum.see dont it look nice in the engine bay 

28 minutes ago, Phil3822 said:

Tried removing some scratches from the rear bumper but no luck. Need a bumper/boot protector thing. Any idea where I could find one? Tim Farmer coming round tomorrow to service and do belts etc.

Try these http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/car-accessories-c4/bumper-protectors-c29#t224:t344:t345

Gave the new girl a quick clean today. Getting a proper valet/detail next week so not gone mad but come up well. Got a proper look at the paint while cleaning too. Paint work on the whole is a lot better than my old one. FAR less stone chips, but has got a few more blemishes and slight scratches. Lacquer is bubbling on the boot lid too, but planning on getting that sprayed anyway as per usually with these it's showing signs of surface rust under the spoiler. The rest I'll get sorted a and when. Overall, very happy with it though. 

Over last couple of days got a major service and check over sorted by Martin too. All fluids replaced, dodgy top rad coolant pipe replaced and undersealed. Looks to be in good condition :). Although found whoever fitted last spark plugs must have struggled and not been well versed in doing them on Scoobs. All coil packs finger tight, 1 of which actually just pushed into place and not tightened. All plugs were just slightly more than finger tight too, one of which the crusher washer was still in tact. 😁 Luckily no signs of any damage because of this and was running fine. Very happy he found them though. Fitted new 7b's ready for when it's mapped 😀. Said its a sweet sounding and running engine too so all good. Had a Cat 1 alarm fitted too as the !Removed! don't have them on there's. Been a busy couple of days.

New brakes have been delivered and tyres are on there way. 😊 One of the original wind deflectors is missing too so picking one of those up tomorrow all going well. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3