What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Ok, so wife's car had an MOT and a noise coming from the airconditioning pump, sounds  like a noisy bearing, the dealer also said it needs a regas. 

The dealer says to get the system regassed before they replace the pump as this might solve the problem with the pump. My concern is that we put this has in and then it leaks because of the pump and we have to put more in.

the biggest issue though is that the XV uses the R-1234YF refrigerant, Subaru want £175 + VAT to recharge it. 

If anyone knows of someone in the midlands who can recharge this gas for a better price than that I'd be interested to know. 

I have finally had the time install my lowering springs on my RX hatch. Took myself and a friend about 4 hours on Saturday and we got it done just before the rain came hammering down. Now that I have put 18" wheels on as well it fills the arch more and I think it look a lot better. I have added some photos too.

P.S getting off my mates driveway was fun...

IMG_3177.thumb.JPG.e52514ac0e04284a7f285IMG_3178.thumb.JPG.199b4ec93f53cec692cc6IMG_3182.thumb.JPG.a06911f6a9e35dfefc2a2FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.e7b6ba33c422c6f

• Like 4

Had a hard day at work ,as I'm still recovering from a easter/birthday weekend hangover.

Decided to try and locate my v1sti speed sensor wiring on a pdf diagram.

Fell asleep on the laptop .....

Woke up 5 mins later with qwerty backwards embossed on my face and a eBay wish list tab open for about £1,700 worth of scooby bits [emoji33] .

On the plus side i Narrowly avoided a divorce (only cos qwerty backwards isn't my pay pal password ) and think I've now found the plug that leads to the ecu from the speed sensor [emoji4]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CRG77 said:

I have finally had the time install my lowering springs on my RX hatch. Took myself and a friend about 4 hours on Saturday and we got it done just before the rain came hammering down. Now that I have put 18" wheels on as well it fills the arch more and I think it look a lot better. I have added some photos too.

P.S getting off my mates driveway was fun...

IMG_3177.thumb.JPG.e52514ac0e04284a7f285IMG_3178.thumb.JPG.199b4ec93f53cec692cc6

Looks great not too low - Did you use WRX lowering springs in the end?

Managed to resolve an issue with £300 worth of parts I bought that went missing and turns out they were delivered to someone 300miles away in scotland who signed for them... luckily they were managed to be contacted and are sending the parts back to the sender who in turn is sending them to me along with a freebie for the ***** up! :) Purchased an sti tmic today also as part of my project that I will start in a few months time I hope, not many pieces left to collect now! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Looks great not too low - Did you use WRX lowering springs in the end?

Thank you :) I wasn't 100% sure if they would fit so I went with 2.0r hatch springs.

• Like 1

Managed to source a pair of genuine OEM wind deflectors. Mines missing the drivers side for some reason... Must have broken or been stolen or something as you can see the marks where it used to be. 

Only 1 slight issue, the guy I bought them off removed the entire trim piece from the car he's breaking instead of just the deflector.  Don't fancy taking mine apart and fitting the full trim section so just had some quiet time seperating the deflector with a hot air gun and ribbon. Went a lot easier than expected and the glue stuff came off quite nicely

image.thumb.jpeg.2a9e7feb8cd1dd5b8b9c683

image.thumb.jpeg.5e1006a11bee15e497e38e1

Now, anyone know of any good stuff for sticking it onto mine with? I've got the clips already too. 

I was thinking that, cheers. Now just got to try and find some of the genuine stuff lol. 

Yea, Craig is going to valet it (needs it after this weekend too) and want Martin to check that "cricket" noise if he's got time. I'll see you there :smile:

Drove the Forester for a little while today and realised I hate my passenger side mirror. It is one of those magnified distorted mirrors. I prefer regular. No idea how to replace the glass. The heating part does not work on it either, does on the drivers side. Mentioning it here rather than starting up another thread. Maybe I should?

1 minute ago, Phil3822 said:

Drove the Forester for a little while today and realised I hate my passenger side mirror. It is one of those magnified distorted mirrors. I prefer regular. No idea how to replace the glass. The heating part does not work on it either, does on the drivers side. Mentioning it here rather than starting up another thread. Maybe I should?

You may get more of a response with a specific thread in the fozzy section as it could get buried here?

Well dear love is after an estate Legacy so trying her best at the moment. Cant scrape together enough dosh though as other bills keep popping up. I do keep looking though. Want a bigger boot than the Forester really. Great time for me to take advantage. Washing my car is one way. Put that whip down boy!

So this arrived today in the post (before sent picture and after I received it picture) left a suggestion before the seller arranged a courier that paisley freight and parcel2go are good couriers and well priced but he chose yodel in the end with their great reputation on google reviews and on the bbc's 'don't get done get dom' and the intercooler arrived like this! :( It was packed in bubble wrap and cardboard so yodel must have been using it like a bouncy ball off of walls and falls pretty disgusted at this and a pain in the a***! Not my luck with postal services this week as another parcel has gone missing 300 miles away in scotland which should have been delivered to me...

Don't know whether this can be repaired?

20160317_163933_f20c4a66f23e7b40eec338d02f96a07f83e66c06.jpg

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00381.JPG