What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I haven't done speaker upgrades since my first car (1L Polo) but will be in this car. I found any after market speakers where better than stock. That might have just been in the crappy polo but I only fitted some cheap ones and it was a big improvement.

Moved house so no garage at the mo treated her to this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361273160243&alt=web

So at least i won't have to sit on drive warming up for long now

And ordered some fuel/oil hose and a couple of blanking plugs to be able to install the catch can

Never seen anything like that before. Slightly confused about how this would work day to day in terms of resticking it?  Looks hard wired. I may be thinking all wrong though?

Geoff

It's gonna stick onto the underside of the sump and it needs a 3 pin plug wiring on, so the idea is to route it up and tuck it away so on a night I can reach up connect to mains go to bed the timer will come on and heat up at before I fire it up on a morning,

All I need is a note on the dash to stop me driving off on a morning with it still plugged in

• Like 2

Got there in the end.,.. had to drill new holes in the adapters so they would fit in the original mounting holes

IMG_20160209_115136.thumb.jpg.8575d57cc66d59c8491f10aa8e18e139.jpg

I got some of them in too mate, deffo lacking in the bass dept not just your ears, if it's anything like mine, you've removed a mid/low range speaker in the bottom and replaced it with a 3way.

Small sub is the way to go

Yeh absolutely, I removed my sub from the boot when i had to take my parents to the airport, never put it back in thinking the speakers would compensate, guess not... at least I left all the cabling in place so should only be a ten minute job hopefully!

17 hours ago, stants said:

Never seen anything like that before. Slightly confused about how this would work day to day in terms of resticking it?  Looks hard wired. I may be thinking all wrong though?

Geoff

It's gonna stick onto the underside of the sump and it needs a 3 pin plug wiring on, so the idea is to route it up and tuck it away so on a night I can reach up connect to mains go to bed the timer will come on and heat up at before I fire it up on a morning,

All I need is a note on the dash to stop me driving off on a morning with it still plugged in

Interesting thing is there no way to power it from the car? So switch the car on to accessory and it warms up? Or even when the car is running warm up quicker?

Needs 240v so can't be bothered getting an inverter etc, mine slaps so badly when cold, it's just to help the old girl out of bed in the morning, should be here today or tomorrow so I'll give it a bash when I have some free time, once we've moved into the new house I'll be looking at putting a garage up anyway

• Like 1

Needs 240v so can't be bothered getting an inverter etc, mine slaps so badly when cold, it's just to help the old girl out of bed in the morning, should be here today or tomorrow so I'll give it a bash when I have some free time, once we've moved into the new house I'll be looking at putting a garage up anyway

Sounds like a skeleton tossing off in a biscuit tin.

Hello boys and girls! 

Apologies for my lack of appearance in recent months, it's been a busy time with work over Christmas etc etc. Anyway.... I've just made a cheeky offer on a 1.6 Impreza wagon. Not quite the beast I had before, but should be able to have some fun in it. All being well I should be back bothering you all within the week :wink: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WideSam said:

Hello boys and girls! 

Apologies for my lack of appearance in recent months, it's been a busy time with work over Christmas etc etc. Anyway.... I've just made a cheeky offer on a 1.6 Impreza wagon. Not quite the beast I had before, but should be able to have some fun in it. All being well I should be back bothering you all within the week :wink: 

It's Ok think ScoobyPete holds the longest AWOL records still :laugh:

Had car on the rollers today again.  Seem to have a issue! (of course!).  

Slightly low boost and mega lean off at 5500 rpm (secondary turbo) :sob:

MAF is fine.

Next stop to replace fuel pump so will get an uprated one while Im at it.  Check vac hoses.  Put it back on rollers after that and see what the crack is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WideSam said:

Hello boys and girls! 

Good to see you getting back in the fold Sam!

• Like 1