What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Yer thought I would look in local shop before driving out to you. They had the graber thing for £1 so worth every penny. 

I did it before in the mondeo but the headlights come out very easy so that was simple to fix. 

Changed n/s headlight bulb and now practically need a skin graft on my knuckles.....

And polished the lenses with toothpaste as they were starting to yellow and haze a bit. Another small job jobbed, next to plan replacement rear tyres and another oil change..... 400miles a week means these things are coming round far too quickly!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think Subaru do lights as an after thought. On the hatch you have to take the air box system out on one side and the Battery out on the other. 

Also leds only work one way round so it's a pain having to disconnect the Battery then connect it up just to check you have the bulb the right way round. 

Changed n/s headlight bulb and now practically need a skin graft on my knuckles.....

And polished the lenses with toothpaste as they were starting to yellow and haze a bit. Another small job jobbed, next to plan replacement rear tyres and another oil change..... 400miles a week means these things are coming round far too quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel any better I'm doing 350 miles tomorrow

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Been a while since I posted as I tried to resist upgrading anything for a year but gotten myself hooked again after I had to do a bit of general servicing replacing the wheel bearing on nsf of my blob wrx and done the alternator/power steering belt and aircon belt which was a doddle then got thinking about smartening her up for the summer and ended up ordering fog light covers, sti front splitter, new vinyl's and paints to smarten up the calipers, engine bay, change hella horns colour and taking a few parts for dipping too then a few performance mods will be done over the spring/summer!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Been a while since I posted as I tried to resist upgrading anything for a year but gotten myself hooked again after I had to do a bit of general servicing replacing the wheel bearing on nsf of my blob wrx and done the alternator/power steering belt and aircon belt which was a doddle then got thinking about smartening her up for the summer and ended up ordering fog light covers, sti front splitter, new vinyl's and paints to smarten up the calipers, engine bay, change hella horns colour and taking a few parts for dipping too then a few performance mods will be done over the spring/summer!

I don't even try make false promises to myself like that anymore :laugh:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aucky said:

@Xander how does it drive now without a remap,i want to change rest my exhaust but wouldnt be able to remap it for a couple months after,just wondering if it would still drive ok without problems.

Only just ran it home with the bell mouth but it has been running fine with the sports cat and 3 inch for a few weeks. A lad local to me ran a full decat 3inch for a few months without problems. 

I also don't boot it that much but have felt the boost cut at times. I will be doing remap soon as I can but wouldn't say it feels like it needs one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

I don't even try make false promises to myself like that anymore :laugh:

too easily done I know haha I lasted about 9 months without getting any new parts minus the general servicing! I blame the credit card it's too easy to spend money that 'I can pay back later' :laugh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

too easily done I know haha I lasted about 9 months without getting any new parts minus the general servicing! I blame the credit card it's too easy to spend money that 'I can pay back later' :laugh:

9 months :eek: you've done well sir I don't think I've gone that long ever without buying something :laugh:

37 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Jesus I struggle to make it 9 hours!! :unsure: Damn ebay to hell!   

Gambit that picture is 100% true haha I might be sacrificing a holiday abroad for my car at this rate!

Haha a new lady friend distracted and slowed down my lust for new parts, rest assured I'm back and got lots of plans! After I'm satisfied with the visual look inside and out planning on a new turbo (vf34/35) custom made turbo back exhaust with a high flow sports cat, pink sti injectors, walbro fuel pump, short air k&n or cosworth style ram intake or cold intake system,  uprated turbo to intercooler 'Y' pipe and maybe sti larger intercooler, NGK PFR 7B uprated spark plugs and a remap by andy forest to finish it off fingers crossed none of it goes wrong then it's on to getting a nice set of Brembo stoppers, coilovers and uprated anti-rollbars and few other small handling perks! Had some lovely drives so far and loving the car as it is but lusting for more adrenaline speed and noise! 

DSC00304.JPG

DSC00307.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stants said:

Moved house so no garage at the mo treated her to this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=361273160243&alt=web

So at least i won't have to sit on drive warming up for long now

And ordered some fuel/oil hose and a couple of blanking plugs to be able to install the catch can

Never seen anything like that before. Slightly confused about how this would work day to day in terms of resticking it?  Looks hard wired. I may be thinking all wrong though?