What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I broke it. 2 days in 😂

Had a slight issue with the temperature fluctuating, rising slightly under boost. Assumed the previous owner just hadn’t bled the system properly and the dive home had shown it up better than his 15 minute drive to work... 

Anyway, took the cap off the header tank to check the level, to find I had the top half of the cap in my hand and the rest sat in the top of the tank. At least it explains the issue... 

Coolant change with new caps and thermostat and oil change is now my job for the weekend! 

• Like 1

forgot to update this the other day, engine started knocking, so its sat in the corner of the yard feeling sorry for its self till im back from working away, flipping cars eh.

i guess on the plus side, its and excuse to play some more with it. "Cheaper than buying another car...." is the line i've used on the wife and she seems to have gone with it, so we will see what happens

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that the the bottom end has gone 😕

but sounds like you'll end up with a nice reliable new one , instead of gambling on another 2nd hand engine or car ,mattie 😉😈😂

Hope the header cap and fluids sort the temp trouble sam 👍

Had some snow today , first time the v1sti hasn't been out in it ,she's still sleeping 😏 

I was scoob'less for a few of the spring and early summer months last year ,so sorta know what your saying [emoji849]

But today I just took the bug out instead [emoji850][emoji4]
Its the empty car parks i miss [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Decided it was too cold to mess about with the coolant today, so topped it up and replaced the radiator caps. All seems well, got her up to temp and took her for a spin, temp gauge sits bang on. 

Love this thing 

95E15A87-4250-4F2E-BA3E-F27B1EC99033.jpeg

• Like 2