What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

No probs mate,  always happy to help and share what I've learned along the way 👍

Just bear in mind that hatch onwards have "push type" clutches,  so if you buy a hatch 5 speed you'll have to find out if they're compatable with "pull type" clutches. 

Think v5 onwards have ty54's but I'd say buy as new as you can afford /find , after all v5 is over 20 yrs old too .

Personally I always replace both driveshaft and prop seals ,when fitting a second hand box .as the seals only cost about £20 from icp and are easy to change while the box is out .

Try someone like Matt at mbdevelopments on f.b ,for a 5 speed box with the same ratio as your existing 4 speed . 

Feel free to tag or pm me if you're stuck , fella 

• Thanks 1

Tbh I wish I'd have got the inlet powdercoated instead of painting it myself 3yrs ago but I was getting quotes of £120 + just for the inlet and I got everything done for £80 .

Couldn't tell you if the h brace makes any difference as , although I bought it for £20 about 5 yrs ago ,it's just been sat in the scooby scraps shed till now 😂

Seeing as I recently bought a whiteline anti lift kit and superpro front wishbone bushes,  I thought I'd dust it off , get it powdercoated and fit it while the wishbones are off 😉

I've got whiteline arbs ,roll center correction kit and rear droplinks but the rear droplinks are the "pigtail type" and look more like (rusty) twiglets atm . So I'll be buying some solid c shape droplinks , new rear bushes and getting some other stuff powdercoated on the back end at a later stage .

• Like 1

Jet washed the Tribeca again...and fitted a new wheel centre from the US,as one went AWOL after I had 4 new tyres fitted, and I obviously didn't fit it correctly, so £25.00 later !!!.

Also fitted my new private number plates after taking them off my last Legacy 3.0R Spec B which i sold in Dec.

Added some pics of the Spec B, I really loved that motor.😎

IMG_20181215_111419.jpg

IMG_20181215_111433.jpg

IMG_20181215_111648.jpg

IMG_20181215_111448.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brom said:

Jet washed the Tribeca again...and fitted a new wheel centre from the US,as one went AWOL after I had 4 new tyres fitted, and I obviously didn't fit it correctly, so £25.00 later !!!.

Also fitted my new private number plates after taking them off my last Legacy 3.0R Spec B which i sold in Dec.

Added some pics of the Spec B, I really loved that motor.😎

IMG_20181215_111419.jpg

IMG_20181215_111433.jpg

IMG_20181215_111648.jpg

IMG_20181215_111448.jpg

what made you change?

Managed to convince the better half she wanted a day out on Dartmoor... gave me a good excuse for a good spirited drive. 

She must’ve enjoyed it too though, I even got her to take a half decent picture for me. 

522432EA-7051-4821-846E-6035D2A9A360.jpeg

• Like 4

Took delivery of another wheel centre for my tribeca,(just in case I lose another one).

Came from Russia of all places, within a week,£20 all in so i'm not complaining.

Got her back from the paint shop...like a new car again now, scratches gone and front splitter like new....even pulled a ding that I didnt ask to be done [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was getting fed up of smelling burning oil every time I put the heater fans And decided that’ll it be much easier to pull the engine out to do it. Then talked myself into the fact I may as well do a bit of future proofing while it’s out. So this morning I spent a slightly eye watering amount this morning ordering new rocker cover gaskets, cambelt kit, rear crankshaft seal and an Exedy pink box clutch. Hopefully get all this sorted the weekend after next and have it all back together in time for Japfest 🙄.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, savage bulldogs said:

Welcome to the slippery slope of modding scoobys 😋

That’s certainly a voice of experience. 

I am debating putting in the decat downpipe I’ve got in while I’m there, but then I’ll have to get it mapped and the list will go on and on! 

• Like 1

Ordered bits so I can put mine back together, now I just need to find some time, working away next week, then boyos birthday next weekend so might be weekend after that [emoji85]

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, WideSam said:

I am debating putting in the decat downpipe I’ve got in while I’m there, but then I’ll have to get it mapped and the list will go on and on! 

I have decatted my scoob and the sound is brilliant! 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, WideSam said:

Think your wrx will have a pre cat in the uppipe most swap it for a sti or aftermarket uppipe when De cating ..... So you might as well add that to the list too 😋