What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Bought a "Cam style" stud extractor to try to avoid having to drill it out but it wouldn't budge,  even with my 1/2" breaker bar 🤬

So old skool drill and 're tap ftw , guess I'd better get some better quality bolts for refitting the inlet 🙄

• Like 1

Bought a "Cam style" stud extractor to try to avoid having to drill it out but it wouldn't budge,  even with my 1/2" breaker bar [emoji2959]
So old skool drill and 're tap ftw , guess I'd better get some better quality bolts for refitting the inlet [emoji849]
Been there myself mate. Everything from studs on the turbo to !Removed! locking wheel nuts [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks good mate

Thanks mate...still plenty of changes to come before show season starts [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks mate...still plenty of changes to come before show season starts [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What i like to hear. Reminds me need to sort out some shows.

Replaced the horrible budget tyres that were on it with some Goodyear Eagle F1s. They came on a set of standard wheels but in black, looks much better and feels a lot nicer to drive now. Forgot to get a picture though 🙄

Also discovered a wheel but with no thread left in it so I’ve ordered a new stud and nut, gives me something to do next weekend! 

26013447-0AE5-4A33-9055-197B29F877B3.jpeg

• Like 1

So it's been a busy couple of weeks put a new engine in the Scoob and had an MOT with my fingers and everything else crossed 😅. Here's a few pics. Added some nice bits and bobs aerocathes, rad cap, forged header tank. But sadly need to take the gearbox out looks like I caught the rear main seal so slight oil leak. But she's coming along slowly. 15519735345802079209694341973668.thumb.jpg.5812de3653d3d87dde2e1f80ea2d5626.jpg20190214_103527.thumb.jpg.252c0aeea8edec7b3a90ad6eba23f69d.jpg20190216_151014.thumb.jpg.6e7611865ee398aaf04a7536bdce88ef.jpg

15519735081024215523501882962883.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 9:55 PM, ROSSCOSM said:

Had my mechanic fit 3 port boost solinoid and standard recirc valve ready for map on Saturday. Was actually booked in for tomorrow but he had a cancellation and squeezed me in today bonus. 

How did the mapping turn out? 

Gave it a quick jet wash at the garage then set out trying to find somewhere to get some nice pics. Took a wrong turn and ended up back at home again so the drive will have to do 😂. Here she is complete with new black wheels fitted last week. 

Now im trying to decide whether to tint the rear windows and/or debadge the boot... 🤔

6B899ABD-78D3-4D8F-BD3E-B6905BE9A150.jpeg

• Like 2

Haha well least took jt out for a spin mate [emoji4] currently in Facebook jail still just looking at all the pictures of scoobs that gst posted up [emoji4]

4 hours ago, WideSam said:

Gave it a quick jet wash at the garage then set out trying to find somewhere to get some nice pics. Took a wrong turn and ended up back at home again so the drive will have to do 😂. Here she is complete with new black wheels fitted last week. 

Now im trying to decide whether to tint the rear windows and/or debadge the boot... 🤔

Looking dapper mate

• Like 1

Washed and worshipped my Tribeca lol :notworthy:

And tried to remove each of the exhaust tips, which don't want to co-operate even though I've sheared the little bolt underneath grrrrrrr.

Big hammer next time !!

6 hours ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

Blow up 3rd gear 😂 too much boost apexi power fc and 3 port boost controller works well on the plus side 🤔

Plus you’ve got a great excuse to drop a 6 speed box in 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

Yes but not the funds 🤔. I might see what my options are see what fits. Any ideas guys?

I've turned a few 5 speeds into 4 speeds ,always been 3rd gear too 🙄

If £1.5k for a 6 speed is too much to spend atm ,you could fit a later ty54 or hawk 5 speed .as these have stronger casings and will generally run 360hp ( maybe a bit more) .

Google your current ty52#### gearbox code to find out the final drive ratio. 

Then find a ty54 or 6 speed with the same ratio , that way you can keep your rear diff assembly and only change the box . 

You will have to swap the early mechanical speed sensor and reverse /neutral switch wiring to the new box but clutch ,fly,starter,driveshafts ECT are all compatable from ty52 to ty54 or 6 speed 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1