What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

16 hours ago, Gambit said:

Yeah i know which one you mean. I've got a full steering wheel set up with xbox x project cars 2 us pretty good on it.

But toca what a game that was back in the day emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like project cars 2 cause it has knockhill in it. Slightly biased i know lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I have both you'll love it on the 2nd one if you liked the 1st. emoji4.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Will be trying it when im down In Manchester next weekend my cousin has it with steering wheel set up 😯 cant wait

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 6:08 PM, Mattb said:

Pulled the front knuckle assembly out ready for new wheel bearings and hubs, ABS bolts snapped both sides and a blackend finger but their out! 

So might as well do the ball joints, trackrod ends, drop links and new brake backing plates as well. Fortunes spent but still smiling. 

F97880EB-99B2-45D2-99D7-90671D494DD7.jpeg

27EA8426-2D66-45BB-8D21-301C9A8CBF4F.jpeg

7EFA7FD9-2914-46FA-9088-B3F7612992D5.jpeg

6F8D0795-5FA4-4700-9B65-B27F29ED4B14.jpeg

This is getting expensive... 

2 new ABS rings needed now as they both split while separating the bearings. 😩😖😩😖😩😖

0551AE67-D73B-4254-81DD-0844175F94BA.jpeg

3 hours ago, WideSam said:

Actually drove it for the first time in a couple of weeks! Finally sorted all the little leaks in the cooling system and it’s running beautifully. 

Perfect day for a little spin! 

What did it run like before sorting out the leaks?? I’m wondering if my classic has coolant leaks, as oil analysis came back with quite high content of water in the sample 😬....

at snetterton as I was accelerating hard, from 3500 to 6000rpm it was very jittery, normal driving was fine... although it did feel like fuel starvation more so ?????

17 hours ago, Pottsy73 said:

What did it run like before sorting out the leaks?? I’m wondering if my classic has coolant leaks, as oil analysis came back with quite high content of water in the sample 😬....

at snetterton as I was accelerating hard, from 3500 to 6000rpm it was very jittery, normal driving was fine... although it did feel like fuel starvation more so ?????

To be fair it ran fine, just couldn’t drive it too far 😂. Yeah fuel starvation would be my first thought in those conditions. I’ve heard previously that keeping the tank over half full will help, or if you’re going to be tracking it regularly a swirl pot might be a worthwhile investment.  

Managed a 140 mile round trip faultlessly this morning, so I thought I’d treat her to a quick was this afternoon. 

The paint on the drivers door was looking pretty flat, almost like somebody had left a load of t-cut on it in the sun... 

So I had a go at it with some paint renovator then a finer polish, then over the top with a wax. While I won’t profess to being the world’s greatest detailer, I can say it now looks a lot more presentable from 20 yards. I’ll probably just get a replacement panel at some point in the future though. 

78744D5B-543F-45C5-8B08-922DB69C7462.jpeg

F33AB24C-026D-446D-920F-5234D879324F.jpeg

• Like 2

Managed to spend a hour or two on the Impreza yesterday, got the front end stripped down to do a bit more in-depth investigation.
Looking like the knocking may have been the tensioner, also found the timing a tooth out [emoji85]a106597cde55e959b43f82698b705187.jpg

Loud pipes save lives

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mattiekane said:

Managed to spend a hour or two on the Impreza yesterday, got the front end stripped down to do a bit more in-depth investigation.
Looking like the knocking may have been the tensioner, also found the timing a tooth out emoji85.pnga106597cde55e959b43f82698b705187.jpg

Loud pipes save lives

Aw naw mate thats not good. Whats the next step? This you getting ready for rebuild? 

• Like 1

Aw naw mate thats not good. Whats the next step? This you getting ready for rebuild? 
This is me getting into it and finding out exactly what's going on, not 100% convinced it's internals now to be honest

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 2