What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

On 4/11/2022 at 3:01 PM, olliesgrandad said:

If the metalwork is only suffering from paint transference then that may buff out. In respect of the bumper then in the past I've had some excellent results from 'chipsaway'. 

Thanks for the reply. Thankfully (if that's the right word) all of the damaged area is plastic, so I'll see what I can find over here to tidy it up a little. 👍 

In other news, I've just ordered a box of goodies from FastWRX! 😁

New discs and pads ordered, some godspeed j hook floating discs and CL rc5+ pads.

will be a couple of weeks tilll i can get it in to have them fitted though 😞

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 6:38 PM, Justin Time said:

Summer tyres off - winters back on again.  Bring on the white stuff...yeaaaahhhhh 😀

I'm blaming you, for my now multiple aches and pains, your post urged me to take advantage of the mild weather so swapped mine over too and slipped an oil change in to boot, gave the summer wheels a wash down with Bilt Hambers Autowheel before storing 😇, and also noticed the summer tyres are all down to just under 5mm 😓, so next summer will be their last act...have you seen the price of tyres now 😲 well over twice the price i paid for the Falkens when fitted,  would buy again.

Can tell you without fear of contraception when you're at the upper end of your 60's these jobs don't get any easier 🥲

49 minutes ago, Judd said:

I'm blaming you, for my now multiple aches and pains, your post urged me to take advantage of the mild weather so swapped mine over too and slipped an oil change in to boot, gave the summer wheels a wash down with Bilt Hambers Autowheel before storing 😇, and also noticed the summer tyres are all down to just under 5mm 😓, so next summer will be their last act...have you seen the price of tyres now 😲 well over twice the price i paid for the Falkens when fitted,  would buy again.

Can tell you without fear of contraception when you're at the upper end of your 60's these jobs don't get any easier 🥲

I humbly apologise Judd. Slapping on the Volterol and doses of Single Malt general see me such seasonal exigencies! 

This time last year we were beginning the first of our Storm Arwen's 10 days without electricity, heralded by two days of heavy snow. 

I'm well impressed at your cleaning routine.  All I've done so far is to go around the treads flicking gravel out and I've scrubbed the grime off.  I haven't got around to bagging up and racking yet as they're still damp.

I also switched my partner's Skoda wheels over on her Fabia this morning, taking advantage of a dry, bright day.  Fortunately, all our winter / summer sets have got at least another year in them.  I bought my Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 SUV tyres last year and I'm pleased with their performance.  I've pondered, for future reference, on the new all season Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV tyres and wondered if I could get away with those next time instead of two sets winter/summer.

By the way, I'm still mightily impressed at your virility when you boast how you can assure me that you're "without fear of contraception..." Go Boy Go!!! 😄 

• Haha 1

Yes i too wondered about all seasons, having had excellent service from Vredestein Quatracs over time within the family, kept our girls out of the scenery i'm sure, also had a set of Vred full winters on a Hilux and they were brilliant.

The big thing about second full sets is that your nice wheels never see salt, which isn't such an issue down here in the midlands but definately an issue for your upt'north where the councils have an increasing salt fetish the further up you go.

Being in the midlands seldom do you really need winter rubber, but i'm a stickler for getting to work on time every time, and the one time it does drop a load of the white stuff i'd be kicking mesen, doesn't help we live off a steep hill which never gets gritted...and blowed if i'm doing the gritting by hand by myself again this year, now my mate John (LandRover) who used to share the gritting duties with me has moved we're the only people with proper AWD cars on proper tyres so don't need the hill gritting at all but all the younger allegedly fitter bods can't be arsed to do their share so they can sit spinning on their elastic bands this time at the bottom while we swan past 😎

Forester XT size 215/55 x 17 is an expensive one, with decent all seasons you're getting no change from £130 apiece, the winters still have plenty of tread so chances are i'll source a summer set next winter, always assuming we're spared and this week's chancellor hasn't taxed us off the road.

Two sets swapped over?? well impressed.   As for all seasons, running Yokohama GO15 on the Prado and they're good all rounders, if i can find a set of decent all seasons next summer that might be the way to go and flog the Fos winter set off.

Gracious apology accepted, will forgoe the volerol and engage the services of my fair lady to administer treatment......😈

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Today I spent the afternoon replacing the indicator repeater on the driver's door mirror. Sod of a job, as I don't have any kind of proper manual, so I had to figure out how to get it all apart myself, without breaking anything. Managed it, just, but not easy. However, I did manage it in the end and now it's all back together and working, and the new repeater is much brighter, clearer, and not filled with dirty water like the old one.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...