What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Lots of damp salt thrown up on the way home from work yesterday so gave the Foz a wash and a good water spraying underneath concentrating mainly in the wheelarches to shift some of that salt before it dries on and does its thing, lovely warm and sunny outside one could easily be lulled into imagining winter is over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Changed the engine oil earlier in the week, so easy and clean witha Fumoto drain valve, whilst underneath noticed the front inner brake discs were developing a bit of a wear ridge, removed calipers and discs after work today i think those discs were originals, painted the unswept parts of the new discs (hate seeing rusty discs) re-assembly tomorrow.

Will service the rear brakes too, and may change a sumpful of autogearbox oil whilst in me overalls.

Swapping over to the summer wheel/tyre set at the same time.

• Like 2

Job went well, glad of the impact rattle gun mind because the caliper carrier bolts were in tight, didn't want one snapping off, rears just needed cleaning lubing and the pistons exercising, might slip new pads and discs on the back next year.

Knees giving me some gyp now so didn't get round to swapping the gearbox oil out.

Used Delphi parts which were really well priced, usually use Brembo, be interesting to see if i notice a difference.

Noticed quite a  difference driving on the summer tyres/wheels which are 17" 55 aspect whilst the winters are 16" 60 aspect, soon get used to the feel no doubt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tackling squeely front brakes in the intermittent drizzle.  

filed pad carriers down coated in rust and crud squeezing pads tight and stopping them coming off the discs, cleaned stainless sliders bent back into right shape, fitted new shoes as one was worn at an angle gutted because only half worn down. 

and to top off the excitement got a split in the piston boot so kit to order tonight probably the cause of the diagonal wear so all coming apart AGAIN. 

I love Subaru's, Subaru's love rust, rust loves Subaru’s, I hate rust.  Sad but true.

• Like 1

Fitted a spare wheel. I picked up a full size wheel and tyre (same size 18" tyre as my Levorg) for only £40 GBP. It fits on my car and in the wheel well in the boot perfectly. The wheel came of a Mazda 6 Sport. I made a securing clamp out of a piece of threaded rod and a sink plug holder I had in the garage to fix it in.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fathomed why the tailgate door was hard to close - was having to press it down hard just to get it to click shut. Found the lower middle bit of trim (where the lower catch pops through) was partly sitting on top of the rubber weatherseal.

Thats all it was after nearly 3 years of struggle and alarm triggers 🙂    

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s had a new radiator and an extra fan put on to aid cooling. While the rad was out I put a cam belt kit on it. I am glad I did as one of the roller bearings was starting to give in and was stripping the belt. Water pump, thermostat and header tank cap all well worn too. 

43C98206-23D0-4E09-A43F-72A63BB0571F.jpeg

4AF6C569-2C09-44A4-9C5D-D0B6D87305B5.jpeg

7AC9EBD8-F00B-45E7-A383-EA4D73984F8C.jpeg

5FA761A6-230F-43FE-9922-8DF92E61F0FF.jpeg

41042667-092D-4B7B-8E1F-4F46C1C11AE4.jpeg

• Like 1

Put a resonated mid section on my daily, dropped approx 4 db but still has quite a bit of meat to it - will see how it is on a longer run and if it is still a bit much at sustained higher revs

3 hours ago, Jay762 said:

M PS4's do get consistently good reviews 👍

yeah, they are softer than the potenza's i had on, but the potenzers go hard and crack before they wear out on mine lol

16 hours ago, Tidgy said:

yeah, they are softer than the potenza's i had on, but the potenzers go hard and crack before they wear out on mine lol

thats your cars way of saying "we need to get out more" 😆😆😆