What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Clayed, Machine polished and detailed some paint yesterday[emoji41]

managed to get a coat of colinite on the flat panels today before the heavens opened [emoji53]

pain in the "beading" ar5e I didn't get to finish the whole car .

dde545f25b5838c16fedd2c525175815.jpg

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

Lesson for today, summer tyres can break traction quite abruptly when you're going up hill in snow and reach a thick patch of ice. Second lesson, cars sliding backwards down hill and picking up speed isn't a great feeling :-(

Thankfully after putting the car into the side against the kerb/wall it stopped sliding and very very luckily I only damaged the rear alloy.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, dgarside said:

Lesson for today, summer tyres can break traction quite abruptly when you're going up hill in snow and reach a thick patch of ice. Second lesson, cars sliding backwards down hill and picking up speed isn't a great feeling :-(

Thankfully after putting the car into the side against the kerb/wall it stopped sliding and very very luckily I only damaged the rear alloy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it's only an alloy, could have been a whole lot worse. I can imagine it isn't very fun going backwards down a hill out of control!

I'd only just removed the winter tyres a few weeks earlier. Wasn't expecting the ice, just lost traction very abruptly, very lucky as you say.

On my way in a bit to pick up a second set of alloys which i purchased earlier in the week, how fortunate :-) and 4 wheel alignment already booked last week for next Saturday :-)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Fitted new clips to my bonnet scoop since a couple had snapped when it was resprayed.

New Buddy Club rad cap fitted.

Got a new 3" double resonated center section to go with my new downpipe. Also ordered a Raptor back box :). That should arrive next week to be fitted at weekend. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gone for for double resonator to take volume down a bit. Not got the burble with twinscroll equal headers so not bothered about it being that loud. Will still be pretty loud though I'm sure, should only take edge off a bit. Hoping to get on tracks in future too.

& lastly replaced my air intake box. Old owner must have snapped one of the back plastics tabs when replacing filter leaving top a bit looser than I'd like. 

One question with the air box though. In my new one it has a tear drop like "thing" where the MAF sensor is. My old one didn't have this? Just straight through. Any ideas? Would I be better putting my old top section back on? Not had chance to take it for a drive yet since changing so don't know if it's running same. 

Had a good day out at duxford spring car show today with my local forum [emoji41] .

I didn't take to many pics as I kept dribbling on my phone [emoji23] .

Few of scooby city's stand .

249d232b6e9747057a02298cc45b3570.jpg

9dabdd6471a64f3e0834bc417777e788.jpg

f676a0fae0ddbf01e0af2a073d4ea9fd.jpg

fb749fc409803fdd8d606ef90b069497.jpg

Couple of randoms

f86b2e08d0c586da61faa7cd35702ba5.jpg31bbe7c399fe606154e6bd21693fe96c.jpg01f4efd3e4c0f88b7fa52957529fd64c.jpg

There's a stealth bomber in the bottom left on this pic (somewhere lol )dec51ea2e4a881b12dc9eef9f579ae29.jpg

• Like 3

2e5a7570ea04ee3c7bbbbc34d1ffd8d4.jpg

Today after the usual commuting to and from work I gave her a nice clean and polish then went out for a nice drive in the evening sun...

I adore this car, even if it's not the turbo model [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with a non turbo model. Their quick enouth.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

changed radio back to my alpine double din,the single din with a tray under just looks crap,defo not changing it back again,but said that twice before lol :biggrin:

Had a good day out at duxford spring car show today with my local forum [emoji41] .

I didn't take to many pics as I kept dribbling on my phone [emoji23] .

Few of scooby city's stand .

249d232b6e9747057a02298cc45b3570.jpg

9dabdd6471a64f3e0834bc417777e788.jpg

f676a0fae0ddbf01e0af2a073d4ea9fd.jpg

fb749fc409803fdd8d606ef90b069497.jpg

Couple of randoms

f86b2e08d0c586da61faa7cd35702ba5.jpg31bbe7c399fe606154e6bd21693fe96c.jpg01f4efd3e4c0f88b7fa52957529fd64c.jpg

There's a stealth bomber in the bottom left on this pic (somewhere lol )dec51ea2e4a881b12dc9eef9f579ae29.jpg

Wish I was there ....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@kgbkev

There's a free show at Bury St Edmunds on father's day next month "cars on the green" .

There's a few coming down from Cromer and Norwich , always room for more in the noisy convoy [emoji12]

Sounds good I'm up for that.

@kgbkev There's a free show at Bury St Edmunds on father's day next month "cars on the green" .

There's a few coming down from Cromer and Norwich , always room for more in the noisy convoy [emoji12]

Sounds good I'm up for that.

there's plenty of motors there of all makes n models , not that many stalls but hey it's free and a good £20k people wandering around.

there's a few pics from "cars on the green" (in the East anglia region section) on my post for last year's event if you want a squint.

Soon as s.c has a event thread up for this year I'll chuck a link in the E.A section on here [emoji106]

• Like 1

@kgbkev There's a free show at Bury St Edmunds on father's day next month "cars on the green" .There's a few coming down from Cromer and Norwich , always room for more in the noisy convoy [emoji12]

Sounds good I'm up for that.Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

there's plenty of motors there of all makes n models , not that many stalls but hey it's free and a good £20k people wandering around.

there's a few pics from "cars on the green" (in the East anglia region section) on my post for last year's event if you want a squint.

Soon as s.c has a event thread up for this year I'll chuck a link in the E.A section on here [emoji106]

Thanks 😉

Giving my car to my brother tonight and wont be getting it back for a couple of days until a little list of jobs is done. (Uppipe Gasket, Fit mud flaps, Fit lights, swap wheels front to back, touch up wheels (paint has flaked slightly), general look over, MOT).

Biking to work instead of listening to the burble :(.

How much is that going to set you back? (round figure will do). Interested because I would like mine done sometime this year.

£220 if just seals, £475 if hubs/synchros/bearings need doing. He told me £475 is worse case. £100 labour for removal/install box/clutch/crank seal/removal of flywheel/spigot bearing. £220 Parts(clutch/spigot and seal). Box is healthy in regards to parts it just bleeds a little 😵0867fe82674857f5e77a2f3fa6efff78.jpg

That big patch is over night.

• Like 1

Hacked off now, after spending 4 months arguing with Autoglass about getting her windscreen replaced after a stone chip cracked it, and after getting the insurers involved and eventually getting it done 2 weeks ago, I was driving to the garage this morning and this big stone bounced down the motorway straight into my windscreen just above the bottom trim. I thought I'd got away with it but within about 5miles I had a 4-5" crack working its way up the screen right infront of the drivers seat.

Effin marvellous, means I'll be arguing all over again with Autoglass, well at least we're with the same insurance company so hopefully mine won't take 4 months to fix.

2 hours ago, Dogconker said:

Hacked off now, after spending 4 months arguing with Autoglass about getting her windscreen replaced after a stone chip cracked it, and after getting the insurers involved and eventually getting it done 2 weeks ago, I was driving to the garage this morning and this big stone bounced down the motorway straight into my windscreen just above the bottom trim. I thought I'd got away with it but within about 5miles I had a 4-5" crack working its way up the screen right infront of the drivers seat.

Effin marvellous, means I'll be arguing all over again with Autoglass, well at least we're with the same insurance company so hopefully mine won't take 4 months to fix.

nightmare - doesn't rain but pours...

It may not apply to your policy but check the amount of windscreen claims you can have before any NCD is impacted - know someone who got caught out with that before had x2 in 2 years came to renew and discovered the NCD had been lost. Been paranoid about it myself since.

nightmare - doesn't rain but pours...

It may not apply to your policy but check the amount of windscreen claims you can have before any NCD is impacted - know someone who got caught out with that before had x2 in 2 years came to renew and discovered the NCD had been lost. Been paranoid about it myself since.

Oh I know, ours is 2 per year but she's broken hers twice in 2 years so we're fine, the broken windscreen today is on my car so it's another policy.