What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

3 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

A member on my local forum is selling his bug sti ,I haven't seen it in the flesh for a couple of years but he does look after it and it's well priced imo

http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/forums/forum/classified/for-sale/771402-sti-import-for-sale

I think it's a bargain cos it's sub £4k with a 2.1 stroker forged lump mated to the standard jdm 6 speed .

That does look like a clean example - engine bay looks "honest" - there were a couple of people in the intros section looking for motors - might be worth pointing them in his direction?

That is a bargain if only I had that sort of spare change! My partner would kill me if I bought another for parts... will try run through the his and hers idea with her one day see how that goes one day :bangin:

Been painting a few detailing parts from the engine bay and hydrodipping a few bits too to hopefully have most of it done by the weekend as the car has been sat on the drive all week feeling cold and lonely. 

Got a loud, single clunk coming from the nsf every time I lift off the brake pedal today [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of this tonight, but I'm getting a lot of 'noise' at speeds over 30mph....can't believe it's my relatively new falken tyres (be !Removed! if it is) so can only assume it's one or more bearings on the way out?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Was your motor cold stants ?

Cos the esl in my v3 didn't like my noisy pistons and kept adjusting the map (making it richer) to compensate for what it thought was knock .

So If yours was cold and "slapping" a bit it might have thought it was knock ?

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

No mate, been driving for a good hour and a half in stop start traffic, couple of things sprang to mind,

A, it was just really hot, water was close to 100° on and off,oil was mid 90's as she'd been sat in traffic crawling for about 30 mins, it was only after i'd gone about half mile up road when temps began to come down, that it triggered,

B, I read that some people had had an issue after washing with water entering scoop and causing a fault,

1st time i've ever seen it, Never get it from cold start, it felt like the waste gate was stuck open as it didn't cut so to speak, just nothing and then it all came back up.

C, she just doesn't like outdoor life after being garaged for 3 years not used to the cold and throwing a wobbler or the sensor housing is damaged,

Anyway reset last night, drove to work fine plugged into evoscan when o got her when for a drive, knock values were the same as any other logging session

So I am a very happy Subaru owner at the moment!  Been on the rollers and everything is as it should be.  Car is running sweeeet and making the power.

Circa 90,000 miles covered and running stock boost :happy:

TMriNVfl.jpg

I ran it again after with a mod but running a little lean on the primary and hit the fuel cut on secondary but looked solid so back some other time to trim it out and will easy get 300bhp top end and loads more bottom end torque. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Fitted gas bonnet strut damper kit, removed the old prop up rod and put a few bits back on that I have freshly painted to smarten it up a bit while waiting till Tuesday for the hydrodipped parts to be ready to collect! 

12717683_10153798019757631_5550269543427661216_n.jpg

• Like 2

So nearly a year old being in my subaru :) good times

New quote from AA is £3250 from £800:jawdrop:,    t'ra AA :blow:

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Muppets

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1