What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Fitted the rear coilovers today

a6c739bb4986ee09cdb7ebbb66fd88be.jpg

it now sits 15mm lower than the stock sti suspension with the damper set at 16 / 32 ( halfway between hard n soft)

3e269c29b9f267ee9c559f3e231b263e.jpg

Took it for a "scooby clinic" test drive [emoji87] aiming for potholes and speed bumps and it took them in its stride [emoji41]

Might still lower it a bit more before I get it geo'd up but I want to see how it runs with 3 passengers in first to make sure it's not gonna rub anywhere.

Also had a ally forge header tank turn up today ,it's a bit manky but nothing a good polish won't sort [emoji6] 64dfc65f569357007b9012b0a6f967a9.jpg

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 4

already got the cash out,next to the kettle ready for the next buy aha:biggrin:

That's not cash tom. .... they're 4 wheel alignment vouchers for when I'm happy with the ride height [emoji6]

Gaulson there's always room for more scooby shiny stuff and I've still got the parallel fuel rails and sr40 turbo to fit once the weather's better [emoji39]

So far I like the less body roll in the twisties and the nose doesn't lift as much when I hit full boost in a straight line

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

Starting to think it is just the !Removed! new tyres making the noise; not much if anything there this morning.

Sticky brake pad has returned. Think I'll change discs and pads all round before mot in July...were due at next service in December anyway

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Discovered the waterpump on the RX has two pipes for coolant not the three on the replacement I was sent - blanking off the redundant pipe is not an option as the manifold is 'different' and it will get in the way :angry:

You learn something new everyday...

There is always something that cause a problem, noticed it many times!

I ordered some indicator bulb holders from a Forester because they look right for my headlights... now only time will tell. Also my finger slipped, bought some new mudflaps and a bumper sticker :).

• Like 1

A dash of candy red carbon! Collected the hydro dipped bits today and put them back on, really pleased with the finish on them done by Hydro-Graphics in York, waiting for some red M6 engine dress up bolts to come back in to stock to finish it off.

1534995_10153804298737631_6758609394908427542_n.jpg

11052391_10153804298452631_701762819452176840_n.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, tomobwfc said:

@Hudson how much did that cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too much!!! We're talking triple figures but wanted my engine bay looking fresh and tidy before I start some nice performance upgrades through the summer.

5 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

@Hudson WTAF! Really? You could've bought real cf for that lol. Looks the nuts though 😆

I think just the aircon belt cover in real carbon costs about £60-70 I can't imagine what the air induction piece would cost to be moulded in real carbon as that would be a much more complicated part to fabricate in carbon. I had three bits done in total the other bit was the fuse box plus you can't buy any scooby bits in real carbon off the shelf with a red weave which I have a soft spot for :wub: It was roughly £130-150 depending what condition the parts are in when you hand them over as the air induction piece has a nasty bobbly surface on it which needed a fair bit of prep work before the dipping process!