What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Bad news 😰 Cars running so rich his machine couldn't pick it up. 9c7438994d09f8821a2d432c6a15c73d.jpg

Can clearly see the flat spot and it's robbing me of 30hp [emoji19] Properly miffed at why it's started doing it. Time for a tweak and investigate....wonder who I can find to map it. (hot potato)

Bad news 😰 Cars running so rich his machine couldn't pick it up. 9c7438994d09f8821a2d432c6a15c73d.jpg

Can clearly see the flat spot and it's robbing me of 30hp [emoji19] Properly miffed at why it's started doing it. Time for a tweak and investigate....wonder who I can find to map it. (hot potato)

I had the same issue with a esl daughter board map , still not sure if the esl or the mapper was to blame tbh .

ffbac4f9602c7a87bf0714a6f81340e8.jpg

As it might have been my old noisy uk lump (piston slappy) that tricked the ecu into thinking it was getting exessive knock on cold starts and adding fuel to the map .

Either way the Mrs has said I can go on a couple of courses next year ..... and I'm gonna learn the dark art of mapping so I can do it myself as well [emoji41]

• Like 1

It's only happened recently though. I had a maf code pop up a few months back bit cleared it and all good. Had that oil surge issue at silverstone which may have caused some kind of issue. Maybe the past month it's been rich. Dyno guy said all is healthy apart from WOT. Gonna replace maf and knock sensor to rule them out and not sure whether to dyno it again to check it go straight to map tweak.

• Like 1

Got some chunky Eibach ARB's installed with Perrin endlinks front and rear, Gold STI Brembos on the front with PFC pads, Godspeed G-hook discs and Technik braided hoses all round. Also managed to pick up a set of Prodrive PFF7 alloys in Anthracite. 

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

• Like 4

Eibach ARBs are 25mm on the front 22mm at the back. Set on the stiffest setting at the back, softest on the front. Yeah the calipers were in great condition considering they are second hand. Just gave them a good clean 👍

Eibach ARBs are 25mm on the front 22mm at the back. Set on the stiffest setting at the back, softest on the front. Yeah the calipers were in great condition considering they are second hand. Just gave them a good clean 👍

Why so big on the front?

Did a bit of research and decided that was the size that would suit me best. Gives great turn in feel, very flat, but does give a bit of understeer when corning very fast. Could have gone 22mm/22mm offered by other manufacturers to get rid of the understeer but for a daily driver it's the flat feeling that I was really after. Was sick of it feeling like a boat 😂

• Like 1

Filled her up with Shells finest. 😊

The news on the motorway sound of my muffler delete is surprisingly good, hardly any drone at all, when cruising (70-90) and feathering the throttle she sounds stock, still roars like a tyrannosaurus when poked tho!

Low down acceleration, (wot) loud and growly but not obnoxious, even my better half says it sounds good when I leave for work.

1 minute ago, Scoobyghost said:

my mrs allways tells me  girf and big is good laugh.png

Not the size of the nail that counts, it's the size of the hammer that hits it. emoji23.png

when she says it to me i think,wonder why she with me then :laugh: must be the car :huh:

Fitted my dump valve myself. Only a little job I know but feeling proud I could do it. This is a result for me as ive never really been near a car engine before other than checking fluids and oil levels lol. Went for a little drive to my drug (subie parts) dealer who fitted a new fuel pump for me, as the stock one was struggling to keep up with the change in exhaust causing the car to backfire and stall. Had an extended drive home giving it a little welly. And have to say problem solved so far. Also eyed up (reserved) larger spoiler with larger front vent, 17" black alloys ready for next year 😆😆😆. 

• Like 2