Your age

subdriver

I was 53 in January and bought my first  Subaru really really struggle to act anywhere near it as my wife will testify, I've got so bad my daughters friends keep asking her to get me out on a Saturday night with them.

The trouble is  A) I'm easily led   B) I think I'm 19...,that is until I look in the mirror.

• Like 2

Youngest so far that I know of anyway :) I'll promote you to tea boy :lol: ;)

I've just finished a 2 year apprenticeship, I reckon I should have a degree in tea making!

I think my car has made me more sensible... Although that's probably just because my beer tokens keep going to Shell

I've just finished a 2 year apprenticeship, I reckon I should have a degree in tea making!

I think my car has made me more sensible... Although that's probably just because my beer tokens keep going to shell

I know that feeling man! I think i personally keep my local Shell in profit.

Also just finished a 2 year apprenticeship. could go into the tea making business !! 

• Like 1

Tea making is a valued skill I use it still. Daily in fact  :) 

Not kidding Marty my old man always use to say you wait until you hit 21 weeks go by like days moths fly past like weeks. I think what is more scary the amount of people I have gone to school with that have past away too  :unsure:

just before my dad died he said 'you only live once, enjoy yourself while you're here' and 'you can't take it [money] with you' and 'be happy with what you have got, don't complain about what you haven't got'

I live life on the positive side, yes, I could have more money, but I could be a lot worse off. take a step back and look at your life, have you got a roof over your head? eat food every day? happy relationship? stop worrying about what you haven't got, enjoy what you have

• Like 3

Top drawer advice there Dave...my dad has gone too young sadly, so live life to the full folks.....don't leave anything out on the pitch [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

once I was in a wholesalers and a couple of blokes were moaning and complaining about what other people had got (houses/cars)  where other people were going on holiday. I said 'are you happy with YOUR life?' they said yes. I said why worry about what other people are doing and where they are going?

Car talk and philosophy    It's all going very zen like.

I understand Gambits point getting older and friends passing away, going to funerals so frequently now her indoors has decided I need to invest in a smart black overcoat.

45 for me however I got to 27 and was happy with a balance of 8 year old kid and adult view on life so have stayed pretty much with that mindset since :)

just before my dad died he said 'you only live once, enjoy yourself while you're here' and 'you can't take it [money] with you' and 'be happy with what you have got, don't complain about what you haven't got'

I live life on the positive side, yes, I could have more money, but I could be a lot worse off. take a step back and look at your life, have you got a roof over your head? eat food every day? happy relationship? stop worrying about what you haven't got, enjoy what you have

Very good advice....but not going to stop me moaning about wanting more bhp [emoji3]

I got my first scoob at 30...I'm 45 now [emoji4][emoji41]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...