2.5 inserted short engine

happy hector

1 minute ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

I love taking my car on road trips it's just fuel that kills me haha. It's such a good feeling picking up parts. 

Just worked it out fuel wise, I've worked it on 28mpg (maybe too optimistic ?) over 500 miles, I think worked out at 81 litres, bout £100, sounds to little, gonna have another check

2 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

What's up with the head and avcs?

The piston took a crap and stuck little bits of debris in the head, and  I can watch the avcs solenoid chasing the actual pulley trying to keep the advance steady, so probs leaky seals in pulley (bought car with bad piston) 

What's up with the head and avcs?

The piston took a crap and stuck little bits of debris in the head, and  I can watch the avcs solenoid chasing the actual pulley trying to keep the advance steady, so probs leaky seals in pulley (bought car with bad piston) 

Same one that was mapped?

34 minutes ago, Scoobyghost said:

Same one that was mapped?

Yes mate, honed bore, bought set of second hand std pistons and stuck one in, cleaned head up fine, (but still would not put it on this new bottom end I'm getting) did valve gaps and put it back together, told this to mr dynamix at the time

1 hour ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

Nice shopping list you've got there. Is the old one dead? 

I used to get around 30 mpg on long slow runs but now it's more like 20. But I smile the whole time 😃 Except when I pay at shell 😂

No mate still soldiering on valiantly lol, are you all tuned n built and running big numbers, I was thinking 350bhp but I'm erring 

more towards 400 now tbh, turbo is gonna be the thing there methinks

So, next things needed 

clutch kit

injectors

heads (well at least the left hand side)

turbo

killer B oil pickup tube

maybe a sump

delete tgv

cam belt kit 

left avcs pulley

to start with 😆

Edit:-

turbo back exhaust

headers ?

Thats a hellva xmas shopping list , hope santas got a leggy estate ..... cos he ain't fitting that lot in a sleigh [emoji39]

Seeing as you're writing a list ,i might as well add a few bits too .

You'd get better power from sti cams /heads (so if you're gonna buy some heads give that some thought)

Brakes to reign in the extra ponies ?

6 speed once its run in and has a big turbo ?

Fmic pending on target power?

Id ask the engine builder what size head gaskets are required for both the wrx or sti head chambers , as i dont know if the chamber sizes differ between the two models . If they've built the bottom end they'll probably already know the answer and it will save a fair bit research on your behalf[emoji6]

Also there's a good chance the piston "bowl " in aftermarket pistons will be different from oe spec, so you'd probably need a different size headgasket to reach the ideal compression ratio (even if you use your old heads ).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Thats a hellva xmas shopping list , hope santas got a leggy estate ..... cos he ain't fitting that lot in a sleigh emoji39.png

Seeing as you're writing a list ,i might as well add a few bits too .

You'd get better power from sti cams /heads (so if you're gonna buy some heads give that some thought)

Brakes to reign in the extra ponies ?

6 speed once its run in and has a big turbo ?

Fmic pending on target power?

Id ask the engine builder what size head gaskets are required for both the wrx or sti head chambers , as i dont know if the chamber sizes differ between the two models . If they've built the bottom end they'll probably already know the answer and it will save a fair bit research on your behalfemoji6.png

Also there's a good chance the piston "bowl " in aftermarket pistons will be different from oe spec, so you'd probably need a different size headgasket to reach the ideal compression ratio (even if you use your old heads ).

Yeah, I think I'm in for the long haul with this one, it's gonna take more than one Xmas list to get this done, but I want it right, I don't see myself doing a 6 speed conversion tbh, and I don't want any more than 400bhp, so hope a 5 speed can handle that ? I don't want to have the engine anywhere near its limit as I want it to last so 400 on a 500 build should be good I hope , I don't think I'm gonna need sti heads for that, I don't know if I'm gonna need new headers either, I will have to find these things out, brakes is defo a good idea tho 😳