What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Today I be mostly giving the scooby the hump .....

e07787491cfb07711affb6f90adeb260.jpg

It don't look to happy that I've got the day off , walked straight past it and started working on the caddy instead [emoji23]

Only tidying up the rims and cleaned the bay a bit ...... as most of you know I like a clean bay bcdb4f48336775e98c9edba284738baf.jpg

Fitted new Muteki japanese wheel nuts as my cheap ebay jobs were becoming badly rusted (only bought to see how black wheel nuts would look with my gold wheels, lasted a year)... so much so that the key wouldn't go in one of them, nothing that a hammer couldn't sort!!

IMG_20170313_125439.jpg

IMG_20170313_130207.jpg

Think I bought the same eBay nuts couple of years ago [emoji53] instead of gloss black to match the rotas they look like they'd match my brvs nuts (strangely ginger ish ) [emoji23]

How much were they sandy ?

Filled her up with momentum and had a total stranger start asking me about the car and when I'd imported it. Knew his stuff as spotted the rear wiper and fog in bumper. His face when I told him it had been imported from new [emoji23]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Think I bought the same ebay nuts couple of years ago emoji53.png instead of gloss black to match the rotas they look like they'd match my brvs nuts (strangely ginger ish ) emoji23.png

How much were they sandy ?

50 quid delivered from scooby world. Feel super high quality and it's a great sign when nothing chips off them when i installed them... unlike the eBay jobbies :D

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=314_315&products_id=2158

Just wanted new pads fitting, didnt have time to do it myself due to work and an interview so had a local garage do it.

The top slider had seized on the drivers side wheel, the bolt was turning and there was no way to get it off without cutting and ruining the slider. I was quoted about £40 odd quid for a new slider kit but they couldnt get it today. Also the set of pads they ordered were incorrect. The second time they ordered 3 different sets of pads also all incorrect. Sometimes my reg doesnt bring up any info and sometimes it brings up incorrect info due to it being JDM.

Thankfully I had bought a few months ago off the marvelous bay of fleas a 1993 caliper and disc set for a tenner off an old JDM wagon. Old, crusty, chipped and faded white. But working! And all for a tenner! Because of the state of them I did have the idea of cleaning them up but never got around to it, and then was going to upgrade to twin pot in the future so forgot about them altogether.

Got a lift home, picked them up and he said he would mix and match to get them working. 5 mins later he ruined my snooze in the sunshine to say he was going to have to swap the complete caliper over on both sides as despite both of them being single pot rear calipers off a jdm Subaru Wagon they were different sizes and didnt fit.  

The set on the car are Mitsubishi calipers and pads with a thinner non vented disc. Which was a massive suprise!

The set now on the car are Mitsubishi calipers and pads with a thicker vented disc. The calipers are quite a bit bigger aswell.

Two hours labour just to get my rear brakes working when it was just supposed to be pads and less than an hours labour  :(

£120 and some change. But it now stops on a dime! I hadnt realised how much stopping power i was missing! Just in time aswell, Im crossing the Welsh mountains tomorrow and heading to the coast... the long way round :cool: The roads the WRX was made for :punk:

Lets just hope its sunny :confused:

I'm still here sorry guys. Massive amount of shit went on my end. But yes car has sold I intend to be back in one soon. Some cock forced the sale after smashing me in debt owing £9.2k calls himself a business man but rips off honest people for ego trips

on a plus note I'm not the worse to come off. But I have no home and no car. So hence why I've not been on for awhile. So I'm on the rebuild. So not all bad. 

Some of you already know. And I apologise to everyone here. But hope that you understand been pretty difficult time this end but I keep myself always looking at the positive. Sometimes we need to go backwards to go forwards. 

But hope to be back pretty soon I miss the burble the shows and all you guys and gals. 

• Like 2

No mate all gone. :sad: literally really am starting again. My brother offered me to move to Canada. I said let's move as we really are starting again from the bottom. But she won't go. So you unlucky bastards got me for a bit longer yet.. Haha :laugh:

Haha. To be fair been looking at white  classic sti. But I really want a jdm hawkeye. But that's maybe a bit ambitious at the minute. But got to keep them dreams alive. So no worries about unfriended me yet :laugh: I still like woman even if you're a pretty sexy fella :laugh:

22 hours ago, Gambit said:

No mate all gone. :sad: literally really am starting again. My brother offered me to move to Canada. I said let's move as we really are starting again from the bottom. But she won't go. So you unlucky !Removed! got me for a bit longer yet.. Haha :laugh:

Glad to see you back pal you been missed by 1 and all. What doesn't kill you will make you strong. As long as you have your health and significant other you'll be fine buddy so all the luck in the world for the future. I'm sure it'll not be long before you have that unmistakable burble back 👍👍👍👍😎😎😎

b7a3fcae00347c83621646690a7fcbe9.jpg299ec3fc2dab816312786832c4bf9f7a.jpg

Messed about most of yesterday trying to get the exhaust to seal up and weld hangers back on the rear box.

High quality blitz my !Removed! 🙈

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1