What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Day off work today and the weather's not good enough to to do anything on the scooby [emoji57] popped round to see a vdub mate of mine to see how his projects are going in his workshop.

4a71ff18fd948206d9f30affe5e0bcb5.jpg

He has converted the mk1 golf to 4wd, fitted a turbo'd and forged 3.3ltr v6 that makes some serious ponies [emoji7]

bf9f7406ba5e0b5764a01313066af460.jpg

The a3 in the background is early days but that's had a tunnel welded in it to take the s4 gearbox attached to the twin charged and forged 3.2 v6 .

Only popped in for a cuppa.... left 3 hrs later with my hands covered in oil lol .

• Like 1

My mate would be rubbing him self furiously at that mk.1

Driving home this morning, weather's good and a nice 80 mile cross country drive planned

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yup prefer the indicators in the mirrors instead of the wings.

Looking at the STI vs A Line comparisons there must be some significant potential unrealised with dual twinscroll turbos hooked up to 2.5l and putting out circa 300bhp.

Might stick the flappy paddle kit on my RX auto and start telling everyone its an A line :biggrin:

I'll just leave this wrx sti a-line here...  

wrx sti a-line.jpg

Look how cute the mirrors are lol , I've grown to like the huge ones on the uk hatch

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

My wife's only gripe with the current car is lack of hatchback. I showed her this; she said yes I'll have one lol

She has defo fallen for the world of boost haha. It's on the list now [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I'll just leave this wrx sti a-line here...  

wrx sti a-line.jpg

Look how cute the mirrors are lol , I've grown to like the huge ones on the uk hatch

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

My wife's only gripe with the current car is lack of hatchback. I showed her this; she said yes I'll have one lol

She has defo fallen for the world of boost haha. It's on the list now [emoji106]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

The wife took the Subaru to work today (and is tomorrow too) and has just chirped up 'show me that red Subaru again......'

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::ohmy:

So I did :2guns:

12 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Get her down the garage quick before she changes her mind! 

How much are flights to Japan nowadays? :laugh:

So the boot floor lost a fight with a tub of paint today and made a right mess,

Seem to remember ed China spraying a tatty parcel black to bring it back to new, reckon it would work on the boot floor 🤔

20170309_131251.thumb.jpg.11049b001fc1f8

10 minutes ago, stants said:

So the boot floor lost a fight with a tub of paint today and made a right mess,

Seem to remember ed China spraying a tatty parcel black to bring it back to new, reckon it would work on the boot floor 🤔

20170309_131251.jpg

Just paint over it with some black paint!

Absolutely gutting about your boot Stants! Get a boot protecter mat thingy. That will cover up the boot floor and prevent any further injury. Im not sure what to do about the plastics.

Took advantage of the good weather to wash and 100% carnuba wax the car.  I have found tiny rust spots on the outside of two doors, one of my rear spoilers has rust around one edge and another small rust spot on the boot. Also my two rear arches need doing soon. :sad:

I have some thinking to do and sooner rather than later.  Two second hand doors and a new boot lid will sort the rust, but im going to have to fix the arches and get all the old crappy underseal off, reseal it, and possibly respray the outside.

This is giving me nightmares from when a primer paint aerosol burst in my boot, nitromors for the hard plastic and foam lifter/stiff plastic brush or wire bursh to get it off the carpet