What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Fixed the high idle issue and fitted the center vent pod for the defis [emoji4]

Just Gotta wait till the 1st of next month to tax it before I can drive it now [emoji57]
20190426_133352.thumb.jpg.5015311e31acdf0b7ee0977e3daef684.jpg
What was the fault??

Loud pipes save lives

Intake / vacuum leaks are normally associated with high idle, accompanied by hunting and rough running.  Hence why after spraying intake cleaner (carefully) around the inlet and not getting any changes in idle , I'd sort of ruled it out .

Credit to the old tech apexi ECU o2 correction for keeping the afr in check and getting it to idle/run steady .

• Like 1

Changed my oil then headed for my mot. Think I need to change oil cooler o oring cause i had small amout of oil on the bottom of my filter. I have got a replacement o ring but didnt wanna risk messing with it before my mot not 100‰ confident on hiw to do it any way lol

DSC_0189.JPG

My fairly straightforward “just pop the engine out, change the rocker gaskets, cambelt and pop a new clutch in” has turned out to be anything but! 

It was all going well until we went to undo the engine mounts and discovered one of the nuts had been rounded off!! Still wouldn’t budge with a chisel taken to it, but now have some of those sockets that supposedly grip onto rounded nuts and bolts. Managed to get the engine out by undoing the mount from the block. 

Along the way there was also a couple of vac lines that are completely disintegrated and so started the shopping list! I’m now waiting on some new blue silicone lines, downpipe gasket and while shopping I came across a reasonably priced japspeed alloy radiator- now on the hunt for a header tank to match. 

Tonight I’ve been down to the garage and cleaned up the subframe and stonechipped the front u-frame to smarten things up a bit. 

Now I’ve got 4 more evenings after work to get her up and running ready for Japfest on Sunday 😂

D30B78C9-B000-47B1-809B-B5577945812F.jpeg

• Like 2

My fairly straightforward “just pop the engine out, change the rocker gaskets, cambelt and pop a new clutch in” has turned out to be anything but! 
It was all going well until we went to undo the engine mounts and discovered one of the nuts had been rounded off!! Still wouldn’t budge with a chisel taken to it, but now have some of those sockets that supposedly grip onto rounded nuts and bolts. Managed to get the engine out by undoing the mount from the block. 
Along the way there was also a couple of vac lines that are completely disintegrated and so started the shopping list! I’m now waiting on some new blue silicone lines, downpipe gasket and while shopping I came across a reasonably priced japspeed alloy radiator- now on the hunt for a header tank to match. 
Tonight I’ve been down to the garage and cleaned up the subframe and stonechipped the front u-frame to smarten things up a bit. 
Now I’ve got 4 more evenings after work to get her up and running ready for Japfest on Sunday [emoji23]. 
D30B78C9-B000-47B1-809B-B5577945812F.thumb.jpeg.3834f3403639a4fda5c595d5d9eb520b.jpeg
I feel your pain! The more I look at mine the more I find! Front valance(under the rad) requires some attention from a welder [emoji24]

Loud pipes save lives

13 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

@WideSam   if it's not broke ,you might as well upgrade it now it's out  .....

so it doesn't break at a later date 😉

Best of luck getting it back together,  bud 

My thinking exactly. Plus the other half is away this week so I can get it all delivered and on the car without her knowing a thing 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

Oooops, fair to say they are bent emoji85.png

58bace03fcb4e5fea06f493e951cdf6e.jpg

c0a0a7fbc90d4ccb23b85daeee32c7d3.jpg

And a non bent one for a comparison

cc97d3aba183b677b7735ac09bc5ae4e.jpg

Loud pipes save lives

Jeez!! Will be interesting to see what the piston’s like 

@mattiekane oh nice ,avcs bananas 😥

@JamesJDMwagon

Ha ha told ya , once you start you'll be forever tidying up the bay 😊

Looking good though chap 👍

My p.s pump whines more than the mrs when I buy scooby stuff , so might do a remote res newage p.s pump conversion at some point 😉

• Thanks 1

Haha @savage bulldogs I get the "can we go out for dinner", I'm like "maybe next week" 😂

Just got back from a drive my turbo now sounds funny and it's not boosting very well do I stoped for feul it ran fine boasting great again then after a hard pull it did it again I guess it's trying to cease.

• Like 1

Looking good @savage bulldogs hopefully you find the issue. What's a td05 like? I've been looking at a few they're really cheep. My vf22 was lovely the sound as it spools down when you switch off the engine. No idea what to pit in now want something that can do 400ish because I'm building my spare engine up. There's a lot of td05 20g turbos on the bay might grab one.

• Like 1