What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

6 minutes ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Strange bits? 🤔

The middle third from front to back had a thin layer of oil. Mechanic and I suspect that maybe the underside was sprayed with oil to stop corrosion as it it is uniform, not dripping, and in areas where a leak wouldn't reach.

Just wish they'd sprayed the left and right side as well. Sills needing welded, everything structural seems solid which is the best news I could have hoped for. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 5:07 AM, WideSam said:

Yeah I’m always slightly concerned about that cat destroying itself and my turbo with it. Decat up-pipes are pretty cheap too... 

Stop making me spend money!! 😂

I much prefer spending other people's money.... my Mrs can't moan at me for that 😉

Not entirely sure it's my fault anyways tbh , it's probably just the start of things to come but hey if you wanna tell your misses it's my fault , fill ya boots buddy 😂

Today hasn't been very productive got the old box out swapped over the parts cut the casing on the old box to get the plastic Speedo out. The new rear main went in deep and crooked really bad so that stop the day it's the second time that's happened to me. Anyway I'll have to wait for a new one. Here's a few pics off the old box and to glitter plug.

20190405_152356.jpg

20190405_134344.jpg

20190405_140427.jpg

• Like 1

Good day bad day...

Went to collect set of powder coated wheels....engine dropped all its coolant [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, david1972 said:

Good day bad day...

Went to collect set of powder coated wheels....engine dropped all its coolant emoji33.png

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yikes! Had a rad pipe just come off?

3 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Shame that Geoff,  was a lovely leggy ...

Is it gonna be replaced with another scoob , or are you just sticking with the diesel Beemer?

It's a massive shame mate but lack of space moving on means most likely won't have space for 3.  I wasn't even planning on selling till spring but chap turned up for 2 alloys I'd sold and basically said he wanted the Leggy having seen it in the garage!  I couldn't say no really.  If I do have space you can be your life it's prob going to be a hatch most likely.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, Sandals said:

Yikes! Had a rad pipe just come off?

Rad had expired - new one in now and car back home 🙂

• Like 1

Finally finished my gearbox swap the forester box is heavier and thicker you do need the forester cradle mount but otherwise pretty straightforward. Had to take the box out one too many times as the clutch wasn't engaging the clip one the TOB wasn't seated right but all sorted now. Also replaced the rear main seal with a BGA one as opposed to a subaru one went in much better after an hour in the freezer and a liberal coating of gear oil. 

20190408_103104.jpg

• Like 2

Sooo , seeing as the v1sti has been sitting there since November and a few of you have got their scoobs back on the road ....

I decided to take the weekend of and devote it to getting her up n running again .

And how about no 😏

Woke up this morning in (Not so sunny) Suffolk to SNOW wtf lol 

20190413_111133.jpg

• Sad 1

Cheers ,James . That's the main reason I started my build thread,  to try to give people some inspiration to have a go themselves .😎👍

Glad it's helped but she's not as perfect as it looks in the pics , so don't put off if you do see it in the flesh 🤔

I know I've chucked a fair few quid at it over the past 8yrs but it's still been done, by me on a budget (Not by a garage with loads of equipment) .

I'm pencilled in on a few local (east Anglian) show stands and do try to make japshow finale with s.o.c at the end of the year , most years . Once she's up n running again, I'll start looking at what other shows I can make it too but have tested the water with the Mrs and scoobyfest already 😊

• Like 1

Dunno about thermals, Thought i was gonna need snow shoes to make it to the scooby scraps shed [emoji23]
Bi polar weather's changed ,  so I'm gonna make a start on it now ,bud [emoji4]
20190413_134214.thumb.jpg.e461162bbec03b2b92257cfc21716d0c.jpg
Damn sight better day than I've had with mine [emoji24]

Loud pipes save lives