What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

2 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:

Installed an update disc for the subaru sat nav as it was majorly out of date :) 2008 version ...... now running 2015, result 👍 

Cost £29.99 over subaru's £200+

James 

Can you tell me where you got this from please I can only find knockoffs been looking for an update for a while. IveI've Got the original version disc, useless. 

Fitted the s203 jdm style centre console today, much prefer it to the old dark silvery gunmetal colour 

15871517_10154667110802631_8504222327310402089_n.jpg

You can buy the black centres for them dials on japanparts.com.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, aucky said:

You can buy the black centres for them dials on japanparts.com.

Yeah I have a few bits like that bookmarked from that site from a while ago but they certainly aren't cheap! Got performance bits that are prioritised over them at the moment :P I worked it out at roughly £160 for the silver dials and black centres and you may have customs charges on top of that too! Decided to stick with the £15 option that I took for now :laugh:

• Like 1

Gave it a dam good spanking while rinsing a 16 plate 7 series [emoji41]

he was not a happy bunny after failing for the 3rd time trying to undertake my old shed spec scooby, he was punching his steering wheel and directing air traffic with his hands [emoji23]

He probably had the last laugh though ....

As it took me a good 10 mins to pick my 150pc socket set up from all over the boot floor [emoji30]

• Like 8

It's a early 1994 v1sti which only weighed 1230kg when it left the factory.

Although It's probably a bit heavier, due to the 6 speed and it's not running as many ponies as I'd like ..... it hit 359.9hp on the dyno in December and looks pretty much standard the outside [emoji4]

Although It's probably a bit heavier, due to the 6 speed and it's not running as many ponies as I'd like ..... it hit 359.9hp on the dyno in December and looks pretty much standard the outside [emoji4]

That's how I like them. Standard looking, but loads of power!!

• Like 1

Wot turbo you running atm

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

@ Phill it's a aps sr40 (American stock location garret gt28rs ) which should make high 300's and it's making/holding boost fine .

Tbh i made 347hp with the old tdo5 16g and standard engine [emoji41] so it's probably something that I've done that's holding it back lol .

For £200 second hand turbo ,I can't moan and I'm happy with how the car goes , so i don't intend on buying another turbo ..... yet [emoji55]

48 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

@ Phill it's a aps sr40 (American stock location gt28rs ) which should make high 300's and it's making/holding boost fine .

Tbh i made 347hp with the old tdo5 16g and standard engine emoji41.png so it's probably something that I've done that's holding it back lol .

For £200 second hand ,I can't moan and I'm happy with how the car goes , so don't intend on buying another 1 ..... yet emoji55.png

What's  the limit on an old version one/two bottom end. Obviously if the engine is in good condition. 

Obviously all the v1/v2's are 20 yrs old , so condition plays a major part . My original engine was a sti long engine (hand built n blueprinted) with sti cams , forged pistons ( albeit the weakest ones ) and cdb from the factory.

Mine was running 330hp fine for 5k but it ate 2 jdm ty52 5 speeds in 1k @ 347hp [emoji53]

so I'd say 320hp /330hp would be about the limit on a healthy non sti engine and ty52 5 speed gearbox . Unless you've got the sti long engine and cash for a later ty54 or 6 speed conversion . Even then I've heard that once you pass 1.5 bar that the heads can "lift" causing the headgaskets to fail even on a freshly built classic standard engine .

• Like 1

Parked up outside newsagents, behind a lorry. Bought paper and, as leaving, heard a car alarm. Left shop and saw my car being pushed down the road, with the rear of the lorry embedded in front of car. Banged on lorry door to stop him, and we had a look, when he pulled forward. Could not believe that the only damage was a mangled number plate! Took to dealer, who checked it over, and could find no other damage. Can only put it down to the wet and greasy road and a downhill slope, allowing the car to slide, and the flexible front took some of the force. Lorry owners happy to buy me a new number plate!

4 minutes ago, Rizmo said:

Parked up outside newsagents, behind a lorry. Bought paper and, as leaving, heard a car alarm. Left shop and saw my car being pushed down the road, with the rear of the lorry embedded in front of car. Banged on lorry door to stop him, and we had a look, when he pulled forward. Could not believe that the only damage was a mangled number plate! Took to dealer, who checked it over, and could find no other damage. Can only put it down to the wet and greasy road and a downhill slope, allowing the car to slide, and the flexible front took some of the force. Lorry owners happy to buy me a new number plate!

Bet your heart sank seeing that!! Awful. 

I bet they are more than pleased to pay for a number plate given the circumstances. 

Pleased to hear alls good though :smile:

I would have cried [emoji22] good to hear it was only numberplate damage [emoji5]