What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

No idea my mate has an earlier one which has the pd in it, sounds like a tractor, like most vag engines imo 😂

Big gains from a cheap flash map, just induced a whole load of other problems like weak brakes and a clutch that now slips [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All I can tell you is it's a 1.6 tdi with 102 ps 250flbs as standard .

Strangely enough I might have already stumbled across the "flash " map [emoji6]

I'd never considered modding my work van and wouldn't normally consider a genric map ....... but I will admit for a £400 flash map you get 140 hp 310 flbs , so I won't say that I'll never get it done on the dirty derv dub [emoji39]

Mine was pretty boring , took the warrior to go get it out mates lock up to get it home sitting next to newage before that goes to new home 

some tit left the boot open the other day putting it away and dead Battery / couldn't be arsed to push it on trailer so gave up but did some digging whilst on car 

400 for a flash map!! Costs me a 8th of that for flash maps

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I haven't shopped about for prices that's just a figure I saw . Tbh after £6k on a van to chuck plaster in the back I think I'd be sleeping in it if I spent anymore cash for a while [emoji23]

• Like 1

Fitted a pair of twisted side skirts this afternoon followed by a set of carbon canards in the dark which I measured up the mount points for during the day, operation success followed by a few service parts tomorrow and ordering a new cobra sport exhaust for my birthday next week :smile: Will get some better pictures during the day once it's had a clean

16684153_10154791492677631_6798376105018247440_n.jpg

16602634_10154791489047631_2690297668041343894_n.jpg

Bought one of these today, DBPOWER 600A Peak 18000mAh, jump starter from Amazon, cuz...

I killed her yesterday by leaving the internal light on...

For around 30 hours!

😕

Wasn't fun when the alarm went off just before midnight, weird really, everything dead but the alarm.

Had a good side tho, jumped her with my wife's Fiesta, then hit the open and empty roads for some recharging fun.

😊😊😊

But it did make me think, we drive to Europe most years and it'd be good to have something to fall back on.

We've got the normal breakdown and first aid stuff, but I recon this is a good addition.

Anyone have any experience with these things?

Those jump starter things are brilliant we have them at work for starting vans and pick ups, i'm positive its witchcraft how can something so small start an engine? lol 😃 they also charge phones etc so very handy to have 👍👍

Yeah anywhere between £40 and £70 bud and i suppose its like anything else you get what you pay for, can't remember off the top of my head what make we have at work but its a great wee thing will easily start 3ltr diesel engines from dead flat and its about the size of an old video tape, remember them those were the days haha :biggrin:

3 hours ago, david1972 said:

linky to said item please?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-18000mAh-Portable-Starter-Battery/dp/B01BEZV0IA

As requested. 

😊

Chose red and black, matches my sti trim, and made me think of 'The Red and the Black' off Maidens 'Book of Souls', which is an awesome driving album.

Eddie.jpg

Up the Irons!

Got one of four windscreen washer jets not working at 100% and also a little bit of dampness in the boot, drivers side back corner. Minor jobs for the weekend to investigate

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Ordered a 3" bore Cobra exhaust with a 4" tip from reading good feedback about them and already got a 3" bore de-cat down pipe that will match up with it but still need to order either cobras 200cell cat downpipe or a 100cell cat downpipe from japspeed for mot as currently got the original exhaust system on with an aftermarket backbox welded on but been thrown an engine code recently 'catalyst efficiency below threshold' so either one of the sensors is dead or the cat is - either way I had a new exhaust on the cards for the summer anyway.