What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

I managed 347hp on my standard tdo5 16g and had to go 6 speed (busted 2 x 5 speeds)

if you're thinking about a 20g they do tend to be a bit laggy on a 2ltr , even with a billet wheel .... and you'd definitely need a straight cut geared 5 speed or 6 speed at 400hp .

Also watch out for cheap copy turbos as there's more of those on the market than genuine ones .

And yeah I hope I get to the bottom of the running rich thing soon , I've stopped driving it again through fear of bore wash 😏

I'm running out of mechanical things to check and have already found that the icv had been wired back to front . 

I wasn't going to mention it on my build thread or on here , as he's been very helpful and everyone makes mistakes .

He's away for a couple of weeks now,  so have been trying to sort it myself . It's been hot idling at 12.6 (instead of 14.2 ) so not too far out but unfortunately I got a few puffs of blue smoke on a gentle test run , so i think its starting to bore wash now 🤬

Hopefully it's not done any damage to the rings or bores 😒

So I've ordered oil n filter and won't be running it up again until the whole looms been checked over , just a shame as its taxed and otherwise show ready .

Plus I had a little taster of what I've been missing and it's made me miss it all the more 🥺

Oil and filter change. Also burped the coolant as the local subaru dealers made a right mess of it. They tried to bleed from radiator on my WRX, all caught on dash cam and I made them pay. This time I parked it on a hill (nose up) and got the last bit of air out (finger crossed). This is the 3rd attempt and hopefully the last. I think parking on the hill has done the trick. No gurgling noises in heater matrix yet (again fingers crossed).

Anyone know the best source of the plastic clips for the engine undertray? Missing 2 and one is about to go missing. Thanks

• Like 1

@savage bulldogs I know the feel8ng just got mine running fantastic then it $hits it's self. If you know of any turbos give me a shout pls.

Have you still got the old loom you could try that out see if it changes anything. Or perhaps an earth, but I'm sure I'm tell8ng grandma how to suck eggs 😉

• Like 1

Sent the old loom off to be copied and didn't get it back , tbh it was pretty fooked though .

Although I'm definitely running exactly the same pressure on the fpr , it could be that the new lines and rails "flow " better 🤔 

As that might mean a slight increase in fuel delivery but seeing as I've found 1 fault with the loom , I'm not ruling out there could be another problem with it .

I know the car fairly well anyways but I'm starting to learn a fair bit about ohm resistance , what ECU pins do what and how. So suppose at least I've learned some new stuff along the way and I'm sure I'll suss it eventually. 

Think I might know someone with a spare vf22 or tdo5 16g , he's a member on here I'll text him and get him to PM you if he does 😉

That would be awesome thanks @savage bulldogs. Vf22 are too expensive in excess of £300 so I'm going to get mine rebuilt for £400 so at least it will be new. But in the meantime while I'm saving money for my engine build just want a td05 seem to be under £200 and I can rebuild them to keep the car on the road to enjoy the nice weather.

• Like 1

My first proper mod on the Impreza! 

Fitted a front lip today, looks far better I think.  Just my opinion of course, but I reckon they look kind of "unfinished" without a lip.....

A couple of (not great) pics...

20190510-164609.jpg
20190510-164628.jpg

• Like 3

I've used a clay bar today on the paint, it has come up pretty well, I am wanting to respray it eventually.

Took her for a spin, I'm getting a bit sick of maxing out at 115 mph being a JDM though.

20190512_181747.jpg

Very nearly got it running, bar 2 small issues.

Firstly, I’ve put the new fuel lines on the wrong way round 🤦🏻‍♂️

Secondly, the new japspeed radiator didn’t come with a drain plug and the one from my existing radiator doesn’t seem to fit. Of course I didn’t notice there wasn’t one there until after I’d starting putting coolant in! 

I've used a clay bar today on the paint, it has come up pretty well, I am wanting to respray it eventually.

Took her for a spin, I'm getting a bit sick of maxing out at 115 mph being a JDM though.

20190512_181747.thumb.jpg.67972cf4c334fa46d31abd3c191af802.jpg
But of course that's only an issue on track days [emoji6][emoji23]

Must admit, a good clay bar polish n wax makes a huge difference

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattiekane said:

But of course that's only an issue on track days emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Must admit, a good clay bar polish n wax makes a huge difference

Loud pipes save lives

I was shocked how well it came up with the clay, it's getting 2 coats and a sealer tomorrow.

Of course I was on the track 😉😂😂

I was shocked how well it came up with the clay, it's getting 2 coats and a sealer tomorrow.

Of course I was on the track [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]
Haha

From the picture it looks in better shape than my blob [emoji85]

Loud pipes save lives

10 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

Haha

From the picture it looks in better shape than my blob emoji85.png

Loud pipes save lives

It's ok, for its age, it's only been in the UK from 2017, it has more sun damage to the clear coat than anything else, I'm going to get some prices for a re-spray next week, I dont think I will have much change out of 3k.

• Like 1

It's ok, for its age, it's only been in the UK from 2017, it has more sun damage to the clear coat than anything else, I'm going to get some prices for a re-spray next week, I dont think I will have much change out of 3k.

If it's just clear coat damage would it not machine polish out? May save yourself a fortune [emoji848]

Loud pipes save lives

I dont know, I think I could get some paint correction work done and maybe get away with spraying the bumpers bonnet and mirrors, I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to paint, I'm going to take it to a detailer, and body shop. 

• Like 1

Still failed to get it running!! Did start it yesterday, ran terribly, re-checked the timing and it was off. 

Reset it today and all is well, however it cranks but won’t fire. No fault codes, however the Battery voltage is only just over 11v. Is it possible the Battery is strong enough to turn the engine over but not get it to fire?