What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

On 10/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, savage bulldogs said:

I'll have to have a squint at your build thread , to see what progress you've made on the hatch sti .

As I haven't been logging in much lately, cos works been manic and I haven't done much to the v1sti lately 😏

Well apart from drive it , wash it ,fill it up with v power and repeat 😎

Not a huge amount - dressing and servicing some of the rusted parts, clutch master cylinder today, want to look at surge tank tomorrow..

• Like 1

I'm new. Well, I'm old really.

Bought a sad tired looking ol'Legacy 2.5 estate 141k, off eBay 2 weeks ago for £900. Actually cost me £600 after my banger was written of and I got £300 more for it so put £50 towards it. I couldn't test drive it as the lad was 19 and had a black box fitted.

It needed a complete full service including all oils, diff, engine, brake and trans needed a flush twice as it was thumping into third, now cured. New plugs and filters.

New pads and belts. New cambelt kit on order. New tyres, Goodyear all seasons. I bought a used door, wing and front bumper from a breaker in wallsaw last Sunday for £160 as it matched mine. Mine had been in a bump and had been rattle canned and badly filled. The used panels are the same colour. The door was from a saloon so the window is being removed to fit.

All good fun eh.

This is my 7th Subaru. P reg 555 LTD estate, 98 Forester STB, Mk3 Legacy B4 twin 4 Door, Mk3 Legacy B4 twin estate, 54 WRX, 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well scoobies hibernating, so haven't done anything to that today 🙁

Does Look like I've been volunteered to do a classic mini engine rebuild for my farther  in law before I start on the scooby shenanigans 🙄

So I Did remove the engine and box from a 1960 Morris mini project today . 10 bolts to undo the front subframe, then I picked the body up (by hand) and walked it over the subframe ,with the engine and box in situ 😂.

Not as much fun but Much eaiser than working on scoobies lol 

Screenshot_20191130-170538_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Sandals said:

I bet you can squeeze an EJ in there...

If it was mine and not worth about £30k in original condition ....

I'm sure I'd be fitting something turbo in there lol . A mate has a classic mini with a metro turbo lump in😊

but when he floors it in 4th, the torque steer from the 200hp is horrendous and it will change lanes on the carriageway without any steering wheel input 💩👖😂

• 2 weeks later...

Had new boots fitted all round. Vredstein Quatrac Pro, which are a good All Season tyre (came 2nd in an Auto Bild test.) I condsidered Michelin Cross Climates (1st in said test), but the Vredsteins's are asymmetric, which will make tyre rotation far more simple than the directional Cross Climates (and most other All Season tyres.)

Checked the wheel nut torque today after having all four tyres changed on Saturday. Found that the four standard nuts were OK on each wheel but the locking nuts were barely over finger tight!

Glad they hadn't gunned the nuts to >200 lb ft and then checked them for a click at 89 lb ft (which was my concern), but worrying that they'd forgotten to do the locking nuts.

Still, this shows why you should check the wheel nut torque after 40 - 50 miles!

Checked the wheel nut torque today after having all four tyres changed on Saturday. Found that the four standard nuts were OK on each wheel but the locking nuts were barely over finger tight!
Glad they hadn't gunned the nuts to >200 lb ft and then checked them for a click at 89 lb ft (which was my concern), but worrying that they'd forgotten to do the locking nuts.
Still, this shows why you should check the wheel nut torque after 40 - 50 miles!
That's quite surprising, if I ever get my tyres changed round here I usually have to should at them not to gun my locking wheel nuts up as it ruins the keyway lol

Loud pipes save lives

7 hours ago, mattiekane said:

That's quite surprising, if I ever get my tyres changed round here I usually have to should at them not to gun my locking wheel nuts up as it ruins the keyway lol

Loud pipes save lives

I have fixed torque wrench as I have had bolts over tightened before and had to grind them off in past

I have fixed torque wrench as I have had bolts over tightened before and had to grind them off in past
!Removed! hell, I do love a good torque setting I must admit!
Love them even more when they throw degrees in there as well [emoji23]

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mattiekane said:

!Removed! hell, I do love a good torque setting I must admit!
Love them even more when they throw degrees in there as well emoji23.png

Loud pipes save lives

Oh it is so all about the degrees 😁

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...