What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

11 hours ago, Fastboy67 said:

Thanks. Will have to buddy I'm home most weekends just need to find a mutually agreeable time. Would like a closer look at your scooby been following ur threads/post looks very tidy 👍👍😎😎

Thanks bud. It's not very tidy at the moment! Needs a good clean! Loads of little things to do, just need to put some time aside to do them (JDM hazard might, route Mic properly for phone, etc.) but for sure need to.

Took the old gc8 for mot and passed with flying colours :kicking: , i did have to overhaul the front 4pots on monday though as the pistons were seized, probably a side effect of being parked up for the winter but hey ho alls well that end well :biggrin:

• Like 2

Removed and cleaned throttle body. No hesitation at any revs and no struggle after changing up. Acceleration improved aswell. Though I was met by a lovely little oil puddle in the top of the manifold. Time to sort out a half decent catch can can't find much online so will probably just make one :D love a tinker 

image.jpeg

I've also been looking at catch cans and from what i've read they take out all of the oil vapour from the likes of the breather pipes like you said and oil blow by, which is the oil passing the seals on the turbo when running higher boost the oil vapour then gets recirculated back through the inlet and messes about with the octane rating of the fuel and can cause detonation, @aucky don't worry mate i'm sure the motor will pass no probs especially if my old v1 wrx can pass with no advisorys 

• Like 1

I was advised to "t" the 2 cam breathers together to equal the pressure between the "banks" .

Dunno if there's any truth in it tbh ,especially as the oe oil breather pipework "t" 's crank and right hand head breather together anyways .

Either way if you do track days ,running higher hp or just like squeezing the throttle on the exit to corners I think it's a worth while mod to lessen the chance of det .

As for me n my old shed spec scooby today I be mostly embarrassing a nearly new 1 series m35i on a slip lane .

1 minute ago, GeoffLeggy said:

Nice result! Must pull really well. 

It is really nice to drive now makes for a nice road car.

Now just need to get it into the bodyshop to have a few bits tidied up. Then ready for the summer

They were brilliant. Had everything I need and we're very helpful. Got a cuppa out of them to. I did get some shocked looks by the men shopping in there when I tottered in in my high heels. It was almost a ooooo a woman in a man's shop look. The bloke behind the counter knew me and chuckled.

• Like 2