What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

3 hours ago, Newman2213 said:

I've got everything to rebuild all 4 corners now. So I can crack on, but i will have to battle the weather.

Arches, shocker, driveshaft, steering rack, wheel hub, caliper all resprayed.

20190909_183334.jpg

That's a really good job mate. Wish I had the space to do things like that!!!

I took mine for a lil spin 

20190907_165309.jpg

Thanks.  A do take pride in it like.

God streets no great for me either as I've a hilly road outside the front and a gravel hill at the rear.    Wouldnt want to leave her out in all that rain though lol. Mine ain't seen rain in years 

@Jay762 definitely agree on the supra , such lovely cars when either left alone or modded right . A mate has one with a veilside kit on it and it looks sweet as but the one in my pics is far too "max power" for my taste .

As for the new supra ,it looks like a melted Hyundai imo 🤢😥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

@Jay762 definitely agree on the supra , such lovely cars when either left alone or modded right . A mate has one with a veilside kit on it and it looks sweet as but the one in my pics is far too "max power" for my taste .

With you there Bruvver 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

It's a decent piece of engineering though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Newman2213 said:

It's a decent piece of engineering though.

Yes it is - liking the CDB as standard but the Germans know a thing or two about engineering - the efficiency is becoming a more of a myth these days though 😁 

I dont know anything  about the new supra's spec but I do know if it's full of electrical witchcraft, its probably not for me .

I do appreciate good engineering though ,I just prefer my cars raw and like to drive them myself .

Probably why I tend to prefer most things retro petrol 😊

Nice bit of work there mate.  Anyone got a couple of hours to spare to swap my exhaust system over. 

Obviously pay for your time or that. 

Itll just be the Decat pipe that'll take the time because I'm sure will need to disconnect bit of the steering assembly too this. Why I chose a sports cat rather than having to change it back and forth for mot times. I'm DD6 area .

I'd like to do more things myself rather than pay a garage to do it for me. I'd like to learn a bit more more about it all too. Disabled and certainly need to use the time I have my legs rather than wasting away doing nothing 

20190907_165256.jpg

So today I found another bodge on the STI that I need to repair. Wanting to track the vehicle I ordered some tow hoops just in case I need to be extracted from the kitty litter but could not understand why they would not screw into the tow holes.

It turns out some f@@* Tard in the past has screwed in a tow hook with the wrong thread completely messing them up. The tow hook came with the car - the photo shows the one that came with the car, black, coarse thread and bent with a genuine grey subaru item next to it from the RX with a finer thread pitch   🤬

20190913_180245.thumb.jpg.d26070f5e7041567bd9d0d6fa23a603d.jpg 

Better work that you found it as would been worNice bit of work there mate.  Anyone got a couple of hours to spare to swap my exhaust system over. 

Itll just be the Decat pipe that'll take the time because I'm sure will need to disconnect bit of the steering assembly too this. 

I'd like to do more things myself rather than pay a garage to do it for me. I'd like to learn a bit more more about it all too. Disabled and certainly need to use the time I have my legs rather than wasting away doing nothing 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, Simon_ said:

Better work that you found it as would been worNice bit of work there mate.  Anyone got a couple of hours to spare to swap my exhaust system over. 

Itll just be the Decat pipe that'll take the time because I'm sure will need to disconnect bit of the steering assembly too this. 

If I was closer I would be there to help but it is a fair old round trip for me to get to you unfortunately

Collected this gem from the port on Friday to add to my JDM stable....

Now sitting at my garage of choice where the following is getting done over Monday and Tuesday:

• Undersealed
  • Fog light into rear cluster
  • Oil and filter change
  • Air filter change
  • Cambelt, water pump, thermostat and aux belts all changed
  • Spark plugs changed
  • New brake discs and pads all round
  • Pre-MOT check
  • MOT

Then home to wait for the DVLA to do their thang 😎

20190920 Shellfie.jpg

• Like 4

First clean last weekend - clayed all over, then bonnet compounded, polished and waxed. Hoping to get the rest done tomorrow 😃

Hoping to get a quote for the rear bumper and scoop to get re-painted too.

20190928_121222.jpg

20190928_121306.jpg

20190928_121316.jpg

20190928_121524.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a week away with the family,  took the daily a4 20t, quite impressed with getting 42 mpg overall (a and b roads).

Had to have the a.c blowing on my face for most of the 300 mile round trip .....

As it's soooooo boring to drive ,absolutely no character and almost drives itself lol .

Back home now and looking forward to driving the v1sti this afternoon, even if it's only to the mot station...... hope she passes 🤞

20190911_190213.jpg

• Like 2

It passed with no advisorys,  not bad for a 25yr old car 😊

Admittedly it's only ever had 2 advisorys in its life and I asked him to put them on 🤔🤪...  

so I could tell the wife I needed to buy "necessary upgrades ,so it doesn't fail next year " 😜😂😂

20191025_144634.jpg

• Like 3

I'll have to have a squint at your build thread , to see what progress you've made on the hatch sti .

As I haven't been logging in much lately, cos works been manic and I haven't done much to the v1sti lately 😏

Well apart from drive it , wash it ,fill it up with v power and repeat 😎