What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

It's my mate Garry's evo ,he's the one I bought the bug sti off and then he hopped over to the dark side 😉

Tbh a evo rs is probably the only evo I'd ever consider owning , it's the Mitsubishi equivalent of a ra.  No traction or stability control, lightweight panels, windy windows ect 😉

So you actually need to "drive" it , rather than have technology save your skin when you run outta talent 😋

A nice clean example like his will set you back about £20k , so I could never see me ever owning one,  anyways .

Hell I don't even own 2 scoobies anymore,  as I sold one last week and bought a cheaper audi a4 2 litre turbo 😂 

9 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

It's my mate Garry's evo ,he's the one I bought the bug sti off and then he hopped over to the dark side 😉

Tbh a evo rs is probably the only evo I'd ever consider owning , it's the Mitsubishi equivalent of a ra.  No traction or stability control, lightweight panels, windy windows ect 😉

So you actually need to "drive" it , rather than have technology save your skin when you run outta talent 😋

A nice clean example like his will set you back about £20k , so I could never see me ever owning one,  anyways .

Hell I don't even own 2 scoobies anymore,  as I sold one last week and bought a cheaper audi a4 2 litre turbo 😂 

OK, just wondered.

• Like 1

Sunday cleaned up the rear calipers and ensure piston movement then refitted the wheel spacers to the RX as this will be kept whilst the STI gets rebuilt and alsotook a toothbrush to the wheels as could not get the muck shifted in the spokes with water and the bigger brushes. Was not overly impressed with autoglym wheel cleaner - muc off made a better job of shifting the brake dust

Now the rest of the motor really stands out as needing a clean 

Monday - collected STI from garage ready for engine pull this weekend

Well not today but recently I sold the bug sti 😥 I never intended to keep it ,just rebuild it and sell it straight away .

I enjoyed driving it though so kept it for 18months ,instead 😊

So I still needed another cheaper family car ,as the v1sti isn't ever going to see a salty road again . After researching quite a bit for a family sized 4 door saloon , I just couldn't see me or the wife driving anything that wasn't a petrol turbo 🤔

I put some funds back in the bank ,so armed with just a £3k budget I finally found a 05 plate a4 20t se with 1 owner ,fsh including 2 cambelts . It definitely needs a bigger set of alloys as the current 16's look like they belong on a mobility scooter but it drives like a turbocharged sofa and gives 45mpg on the carriageway. ....  I won't be getting it remapped though (honest) .

Few pics by by bluebaru and the v1sti starting to look outnumbered by zee germans on the driveway (caddy workhorse and the a4)

20190730_103729.jpg

20190807_150234.jpg

20190802_141508.jpg

20190730_103640.jpg

Screenshot_20190801-172402_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190801-172444_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

I'd love to be able to do stuff like that.  No garage. No proper equipment . I've only room to walk around my car in my garage. Brutal. Been on the lookout for a garage but no luck 

That's how you look after your motor !! Nice one mate looks great already !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simon_ said:

I'd love to be able to do stuff like that.  No garage. No proper equipment . I've only room to walk around my car in my garage. Brutal. Been on the lookout for a garage but no luck 

That's how you look after your motor !! Nice one mate looks great already !

Thanks Simon

I do it on the driveway, and back garden, most tools I use as a gas engineer come into play, but a decent socket set, a Jack, some ramps and jackstands, and most jobs are easy enough to do alone. 

That's dedicated car work that. Love it.  Yea tbh av most that stuff m Just lack the space . Ma back is !Removed! too like but , probably like most folk I just get the f%$k on with it now . Been disabled 9 years cause some surgeon couldn't be assed doing his work properly.  *******. Anyways I'd certainly be doing lot more if wasnt for that gash. Keep ya chin up m that though. Kinda why I bought the car eh.  Last beast before a basically canny do it no more eh. Only live once folks. Remember that!!!!

Newspaper article from a good few years back now 

2016.02.15 - 'I'm In Pain 24 Hours A Day And Can't Feel 40% Of My Right Leg'.jpg

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Simon_ said:

That's dedicated car work that. Love it.  Yea tbh av most that stuff m Just lack the space . Ma back is !Removed! too like but , probably like most folk I just get the f%$k on with it now . Been disabled 9 years cause some surgeon couldn't be assed doing his work properly.  *******. Anyways I'd certainly be doing lot more if wasnt for that gash. Keep ya chin up m that though. Kinda why I bought the car eh.  Last beast before a basically canny do it no more eh. Only live once folks. Remember that!!!!

Newspaper article from a good few years back now 

2016.02.15 - 'I'm In Pain 24 Hours A Day And Can't Feel 40% Of My Right Leg'.jpg

That's severe.

Sorry about the health issues.

£100,000 will get you a decent Subaru though.

When you've had enough of it, sell it, and get thiself a **** hot mobility scooter with some alloys, get some Tesla batteries from the scrapers, and some wheelie bars for the back, and AWD the beast. Some amped up 6x9's on the back.

Sorted!

Aye its !Removed! brutal eh.  Trusted my surgeon and was totally !Removed! my life making the decision there.  

Move oh though eh. NHS trying to battle it. Was programme called harmed by my surgeon and was all about that bell end. Aye love my new motor like. my wee one keeps me going for sure . Anyone in fife. I'm fife. Newport. Not done jack with my scooby today been away looking at the new a2 for my next motor. NOT REPLACING SCOOBY lol 

Got my decat pipe through so cant wait to get that fitted !!!   Want it to be LOUD as FU** AND **** OFF mY NEIGHBOUR.  Want it to backfire like an AK47 !!!! 

19 hours ago, Newman2213 said:

That's severe.

Sorry about the health issues.

£100,000 will get you a decent Subaru though.

When you've had enough of it, sell it, and get thiself a **** hot mobility scooter with some alloys, get some Tesla batteries from the scrapers, and some wheelie bars for the back, and AWD the beast. Some amped up 6x9's on the back.

Sorted!

And 100,000 is not close to what am claiming mate. That's no enough for !Removed! someone's life up.  Was a lorry driver and now I cant do **** !! 

3 hours ago, Simon_ said:

And 100,000 is not close to what am claiming mate. That's no enough for !Removed! someone's life up.  Was a lorry driver and now I cant do **** !! 

I hope its successful. Frustratingly people make mistakes, that's why I work with mechanical things. I couldn't work with people to save my life.

I took the suspension out today too, the axle nut was a nightmare, 240lbs of wobbly flab sat on it and a 900mm moment arm and it shifted, just.

I didnt take the hub off, I dont fancy having to do the caster, and camber after I have done cleaning and repainting. 

20190810_212906.jpg

42 minutes ago, Newman2213 said:

I hope its successful. Frustratingly people make mistakes, that's why I work with mechanical things. I couldn't work with people to save my life.

I took the suspension out today too, the axle nut was a nightmare, 240lbs of wobbly flab sat on it and a 900mm moment arm and it shifted, just.

I didnt take the hub off, I dont fancy having to do the caster, and camber after I have done cleaning and repainting. 

20190810_212906.jpg

Fairly been to work again on your motor mate. Choking to get my decat pipe on and see how it sounds !!! lol 

Ah man just need it out the way now . Been part my life for so long just wanna put it behind me now n move on . Theres soooooo much evidence to say hes !Removed! up more than once a must say.  Anyways.  Cars lol 

1 hour ago, Jay762 said:

whilst pulling the engine spent most of the day battling with a sway bar nut - took me nigh on two hours but got it in the end!!

20190811_195536.thumb.jpg.7b07941afd7129f7acb700ee88a89974.jpg

Was it on the link or the nuts on the frame?

25 minutes ago, Newman2213 said:

Was it on the link or the nuts on the frame?

It was on one of the studs on the frame - holding the bushing in place, hence why I could not just hack through it, needed to ensure the threaded stud survived.

As it is now I have the nut off you can see it was cross threaded and hence why it would not come off. Need to try running a die and see if I can rescue it.