What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

9 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Thanks - I have seen various discussions online about how he has tried different diameter tubes / fittings, my concern is taking too much coolant away from where it is being routed to after the head on cylinder 4

The function diagram of the cooling system shows it returns directly to the pump from, the return line. As a plumber to me it's a poor design.

But when it's not installed the coolant flows either through the turbo and back to the reservoir and radiator, or to the heater matrix, and back to the pump 

5 minutes ago, Newman2213 said:

The function diagram of the cooling system shows it returns directly to the pump from, the return line. As a plumber to me it's a poor design. 

Do you have a link to the diagram?

Just now, Newman2213 said:

He discusses it on a YouTube video called "reverse cooling and how it applies to subarus" its towards the backend of the video, he says it's from the Subaru manual

got you, I will watch the video

Fitted LED DRL’s today (way too bright for night time 😳), wanted to fit LED fog light bulbs as well it’s a shame the body of the actual LED part was too big to fit through the hole of the reflector 😩 Also fitted some cheesy door lamps someone got me from wish, only double sided tape so easy to remove when I got bored of them.

C4E69B7D-0298-46D3-B090-69A2D4ADEF60.jpeg

E45F892A-A9E4-4688-A90F-470CADAD09D3.jpeg

C4D50C59-B0F2-4829-9F9B-4309B19F6273.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Started the driver's side 😖😪

so much rust

20190828_113431.jpg

20190830_132212.jpg

20190830_175920.jpg

20190830_175908.jpg

I feel your pain mate mines are the same but this winter they getting cut out and replaced, going to buy repair panels from that place on facebook and the blacksmiths at work are going to weld them in for me as they'll do a better job of it than myself 👍

1 hour ago, stuartie said:

I feel your pain mate mines are the same but this winter they getting cut out and replaced, going to buy repair panels from that place on facebook and the blacksmiths at work are going to weld them in for me as they'll do a better job of it than myself 👍

Not to put you off but ready for the unseen rot on inner arches and sill. I've hand made all mine so far from 3x2 flat plate

@Neil looks like you've got your work "cut out " for you there bud , I ended up scrapping my 1st v3 UK turbo due to tin worm 😏

It looked minor rust from the small 10p sized bubble in the paintwork on one arch but inner arches ,sills ,bumper mounts and strutt tops were non existent 🙄

Check the strutt tops while its stripped, as I didn't realise how bad mine was until i removed the boot liners .

Good luck with it chap 

Screenshot_20190901-143226_Gallery.jpg

Luckily the strut mounts are in one piece it's JUST 🤔 the inner arches, outer arches, sills, bumper mounts and a bit on the rear panel . It's been off road about 18 month so far, only took it off road for a week to sort a bit of a bubble under paint 😱

Put rear tint on my lenses then thought that you need more than 1 person for this job. I cant hold the gun while I stretch out the creases 

Not bad suppose for 1st attempt and on my tod.  

Probably either take it to someone or maybe get a hand to put them on so there 100% . It's alright. It's just not 100% she wont come out to play till it's done right ! 

20190902_150858.jpg

I'm in West Yorkshire.

Paint £20, laquer £8 ,new seals front and back £40 (genuine Subaru), Subaru lettering £4

£72 

Cheapest refurb I could find was £200 ish 

Hardest part is removing the pistons.

I have the gold brembos front and rear as mines a spec C .

It's only one Brembo at front I kinda need touched up. Looked like a whens come off at some point scraping it to hellill take a closer pic. I'm DD6 postcode. 

CBA doing rear lights so might just get someone to do that for me also.  Hard to get perfect fit eh

IMG-20190521-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

Busy weekend for the scooby 😊

Took it to a local retro car meet on friday evening and a local jap car meet this morning. 

Unfortunately only took 1 pic of mine and my mates evo ,as we were too busy walking around and chatting 🙄

So here's a few pics I shamelessly screenshoted off the f.b page 😊

Screenshot_20190908-145709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-145311_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-145414_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-145546_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-145607_Samsung Internet.jpg

20190908_150152.jpg

On 9/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Busy weekend for the scooby 😊

Took it to a local retro car meet on friday evening and a local jap car meet this morning. 

Unfortunately only took 1 pic of mine and my mates evo ,as we were too busy walking around and chatting 🙄

So here's a few pics I shamelessly screenshoted off the f.b page 😊

Screenshot_20190908-145709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some great motors there but not a fan of that supra too much form over function for me - was spoilt when the Top Secret supra was revealed and that tends to be my benchmark

• Like 1