What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Well seeing as I booked in a dyno session for the v1sti and wont be using it until the turbos rebuilt and re fitted,  I decided to take the v7sti for a dyno health check at last .

Glad I did,  as first run showed low boost , afr out and low standard 'ish power at 280hp 226flbs 🤔

I use Clive Attowe as he knows his engine's and diagnostics,  not just a good mapper .

Although both power and boost were down ,he started by cleaning the maf to try and stable the afr's first (better)

Then set about finding out why it wasn't making mapped boost targets and found that a pin hadn't been crimped in properly on the boost solenoid plug (got more boost back)

I need a new maf and will probably fit a new fuel filter , then go back to see if numbers improve but the end result was 311hp /278flbs .

At least I now know it's running safe and the extra 31hp and 52flbs , has made a world of difference to how it drives 😎

20190603_091911.jpg

• Like 6

Finally got to drive it again! 

Went for a decent drive with a variety of roads, 30 miles later all is well. No leaks, no steam, no misfires! I just need to sort this p0420 code and put the exhaust back on the hanger I missed end of the month and all should be well ready for the MOT at the end of the month. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Met up with a good mate of mine and went to a local retro car meet . Was nice to finally drive the v1sti again 😎

His evo6 rs is a lovely example , who says evo and scooby owners can't get on 😊

If its rapid ,retro and petrol, generally I like it 😉

20190614_185511.jpg

20190614_185449.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Met up with a good mate of mine and went to a local retro car meet . Was nice to finally drive the v1sti again 😎

His evo6 rs is a lovely example , who says evo and scooby owners can't get on 😊

If its rapid ,retro and petrol, generally I like it 😉

20190614_185511.jpg

20190614_185449.jpg

Stunning looking cars there Clive.

And your bang about Evo and Subarus owners getting on as its about the passion for the cars not what badge they have on the front ;-)

• Like 2

Have committed last night to importing a leggy wagon....

2001 GTB E-tune II auto, only 99k kms in black, grade 4B. Needed a wagon for the dogs so thought I'd add to the stable.

Importing without a broker this time, so even better value :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Gave up getting the gt28r with the popped seals rebuilt,  quote started off at £350 😎 .... after inspection the cost went up to nearly £1,000 wtf 🤪😏.

So today I  bought a brand new billet wheeled tdo5 20g instead 😊 

Cant wait to see beasty back to its best or better lol

• Like 1

Cheers , it's no expensive owen development turbo but at almost half the cost of the gt28r rebuild and with good reviews from the states , I thought I'd give it a go  .

Dam right Garry , can't wait to get it fitted and actually start giving the v1sti a dam good spanking for misbehaving ..... and after all that is what she was built for  😊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Cheers , it's no expensive owen development turbo but at almost half the cost of the gt28r rebuild and with good reviews from the states , I thought I'd give it a go  .

Dam right Garry , can't wait to get it fitted and actually start giving the v1sti a dam good spanking for misbehaving ..... and after all that is what she was built for  😊

Spanking now thats a word i like lol

Be good to see beasty as intended and fingers crossed that tub will bring you a few more ponies and a big smile on your face :-)

• Like 1

Dropped of the Wagon for an alloy wheel refresh, I will get some pics tomorrow after picking it up.

I'm also on the hunt for some decent brake pads for the 4 pot front and 2 pot cast iron calipers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

They are weak!

I've collected my wheels today they are in paint code GK1

They are a subtle gold, more of a caramac colour, which I prefer.

Top is new

Bottom is old

The pictures do nothing for them, they have been done to a brilliant standard, and every detail has been discussed and checked before completion. 

Thanks to BCS Automotive Nottingham

20190704_200806.jpg

20190512_181607.jpg

• Like 3