What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Ive got blue ones in mine, didnt know when i bought it till i started pressing buttons aha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer subaru sell a blue and red kit that connect to the dimming system from what I can tell they come on with the headlights. I wanted mine all the time so have done it myself a lot cheaper but you never know might fit the subaru system one day.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.

Drove a few hundred miles in my Forester today. Shame it was wet. When at a train crossing temp gauge went up to near red again after 15 minutes stood still. Got home left for 30 minutes and not a movement in the gauge which is weird. On way home in my village two lorries were coming through a country lane speeding and I had to mount the curb damaging my alloys in the process. Not happy. Waiting for a call back from the lorry company. They had taken up so much of the road which is tight at the best of times.

I am waiting for my dash cam to arrive today for the Forester. Got in contact with the lorry company following my near miss, curbed wheel etc. Was a decent bloke actually. Apologised and said if I had the reg number and dash cam he would have paid for a wheel refurb. Typical!!! Considering this is a big fleet of lorries in my area there is little chance of identifying it.

Was following a little !Removed! looking corsa up by deepdale in preston at about 7pm so pretty dark, it was doing about 20mph then it just pulled in to side no indication so had to do a little swerve luckily i wasn't going fast either only to realise another !Removed! little corsa had set off from the side just a little further on, no indication and had no lights on then slammed on its brakes i could see the whites of his eyes in his mirror i was that close, !Removed! !Removed!

The other one then set off behind me pretty much straight away

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Hmm thinking about buying a avcr but I'm unsure if it will control the boost any better than the apexi fc ecu with the apexi map sensor lead upgrade I'm currently running.

I've scoured the net and can't see to find a definite answer [emoji57]

But it is quite shiny so I might just go for it anyways [emoji5]

I think I managed to sort out the leak in the up pipe! On the downside, my turbos seem to be blowing a fair amount of oil through them, I've also just discovered that they can't be rebuilt.

I also had the incredible luxury of working in a garage today

• Like 1

I think I managed to sort out the leak in the up pipe! On the downside, my turbos seem to be blowing a fair amount of oil through them, I've also just discovered that they can't be rebuilt.

I also had the incredible luxury of working in a garage today

Both of them, all of a sudden?  Why no rebuild?

Yours runs different versions to mine doesn't it?

There was a bit of residue before all the engine swapping and changing, but I put it down to a build up over time. I took the intercooler off and there was clean oil on both pipes and where the throttle body mates up. I suppose 20 years of use takes its toll?

Mine has vf18 and 19. I'm trying to find out if it's possible just to replace the seals.

Alternatively I can go bigger and better, up to the vf25/25 (I think) but that will require a map.

See how you get on with the seals.  Speak to turbo Dynamics if you haven't.  

Ive got my VF26 that I replaced with a VF25 if its any use.  We are sure there was nothing actually wrong with it as it was still puffing on over run on ramps with new one.  Mustve been the additive I put in causing it as its been fine since fresh oil.

I've found a rebuild kit for the primary side, which appears to be the main offender. It's about £70 shipped from Japan, so I'll see if anyone's got a decent vf18 laying about and just do a straight swap. If that proves to be a dead end, I'll get back to you. Cheers Geoff

Well I definitely sorted the leak in the up pipe, I can now use both turbos.

However, I seem to have caused some sort of electrical gremlin while working on the car yesterday.

I was driving to get some fuel and it started just dropping the revs to nothing as I was going along, then cut out and refused to start again. The temp gauge is also pegged to the top though the car never overheated.

I've had to abandon it in a lay-by overnight and I'll get it recovered later today.

I broke a mirror earlier this year, I'm starting to think the 7 years of bad luck thing might be true...

Well I definitely sorted the leak in the up pipe, I can now use both turbos.

However, I seem to have caused some sort of electrical gremlin while working on the car yesterday.

I was driving to get some fuel and it started just dropping the revs to nothing as I was going along, then cut out and refused to start again. The temp gauge is also pegged to the top though the car never overheated.

I've had to abandon it in a lay-by overnight and I'll get it recovered later today.

I broke a mirror earlier this year, I'm starting to think the 7 years of bad luck thing might be true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it!!

You may have pulled an earth off.  Mine went mental when I accidentally pulled one off round the back coming from the gearbox to somewhere, something to do with the sender.  Never found where it was meant to go so just bolted up on chassis behind the secondary t. 

Good luck.

Double check any earth's or plugs near where you were working when you fixed the upipe leak .

As if a earth is off it would make some sensors and voltage go haywire, but the recovery dude is right ,a unregulated alternator charge could give the same symptoms [emoji106]

• Like 1